We’re continuing with the Tufts Condensed Matter Physics Seminars this semester, which feature researchers from other departments at Tufts as well as the Greater Boston and New England areas. Talks take place in the Science and Technology Center, Medford campus room 136 at noon on Thursdays.
We’re grateful for funding provided by the Department of Physics & Astronomy to provide coffee for these seminars.
September 20th, 2012 — Greg Grason, UMass Amherst, “Building Better Bundles: Defects in the Ground State of Twisted Filament Assemblies”
October 4th, 2012 — Sujit Datta, Harvard University, “Getting out of a tight spot: watching flow within a 3D porous medium”
Recent Blog Posts
- New publication: “Modeling deformation and chaining of flexible shells in a nematic solvent with finite elements on an adaptive moving mesh”
- SoftMatterTheory Group Judging the Science and Engineering Fair in Somerville High School
- Helping out at the Fenway High science fair
- The Soft Matter Theorists Attend GBASM
- New Publication: Computing equilibrium states of cholesteric liquid crystals in elliptical channels with deflation algorithms
Questions/FeedbackEmail us at email@example.com