Group member Andrew DB stopped by Somerville High School on Tuesday to share with students his path to becoming a PhD physicist. His discussion touched upon opportunities available to physicists, the challenges of decision-making early in one’s career, research in soft matter, and clean energy policy. After the brief talk, an extended Q&A session allowed students to pick Andrew’s brain with questions about career paths, liquid crystal displays, and what math scientists actually use.
Thanks to people at Somerville High and those here at Tufts who made this possible!
Recent Blog Posts
- A chat with a physicist at Somerville High
- New publication: “Modeling deformation and chaining of flexible shells in a nematic solvent with finite elements on an adaptive moving mesh”
- SoftMatterTheory Group Judging the Science and Engineering Fair in Somerville High School
- Helping out at the Fenway High science fair
- The Soft Matter Theorists Attend GBASM
Questions/FeedbackEmail us at firstname.lastname@example.org