Space is the Place
Just another sites.tufts.edu weblog
What is a “Hacker Space”?
Categories: Uncategorized

beware_of_lasers

If you read my post about the philosophy of hacking and hacktivism, then lets go a step further: Hackerspaces. I’ll be brief. Hackerspaces are places filled with the tools, materials, and environment to crafts, hack, build, and tinker. They are part of a movement known as co-working. You see, as more and more jobs can be done from home, people are finding that never leaving the house is damaging socially and mentally. Co-working space are places, often houses, where such individuals work side by side, giving them distinct home/work environments as well as new friends and maybe even a community garden.

Hackerspaces are similar, but focus on maker-type activities and skill sharing. Often times, they look like the intersection of an MIT lab and Merlin’s tower.

Find one near you: http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/

If you’re a Tufts student, you have two great options: the Tufts Crafts Center and Somerville Sprout.

6,872 Comments to “What is a “Hacker Space”?”

1. I think fashion is the only thing which liked by the whole world and i think this is really a great thing about the fashion. I have seen some people who are very much crazy about the fashion

2. My spouse and i still cannot quite assume that I could end up being one of those reading through the important suggestions found on this blog. My family and I are really thankful for the generosity and for providing me the advantage pursue the chosen profession path. Thank you for the important information I obtained from your web page.

3. This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.Thanks for posting this informative article.

4. I simply wanted to say thanks again. I do not know the things that I would have followed in the absence of the entire ideas revealed by you regarding this subject. It truly was a real distressing problem in my circumstances, nevertheless looking at a skilled style you treated the issue took me to jump over delight. I am grateful for the service and thus believe you comprehend what a great job you happen to be accomplishing teaching others through your webpage. I’m certain you haven’t encountered all of us.

5. This site is really a stroll-by means of for the entire info you wanted about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse right here, and you’ll undoubtedly uncover it.

6. I like your writing style truly loving this internet site .

7. zygor guides says:

Right on, thanks for the info, I’ll look into this.

8. thank u for post, its nice and i gone through full post, interesting. keep posting….

9. How you doin?, I really love the way u made the story… maybe u could join my page and put some advices. 10x in advance :)

10. crucial post , really good perspective on the subject and very well written, this certainly has put a spin on my day, umpteen thanks from the USA and sustain up the good work.thanks for this post.

11. Hello there! I really enjoy reading your blog! If you keep making great posts I will come back every day to keep reading!

12. This is a great article. Thanks a lot for posting and keeping the site active, I read all the time!

13. Please, can you PM me and tell me few more thinks about this, I am really fan of your blog…

14. psikolog says:

I have observed that intelligent real estate agents almost everywhere are getting set to FSBO Promotion. They are realizing that it’s in addition to placing a sign in the front area. It’s really concerning building connections with these sellers who later will become consumers. So, while you give your time and effort to assisting these vendors go it alone — the “Law involving Reciprocity” kicks in. Thanks for your blog post.

15. Exactly where do these trolling commenters come from? Why do you mention something such as that?

16. Normally I do not learn article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very compelled me to check out and do so! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, quite great post.

17. Cheap Rail says:

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.

18. It seems like you’re developing troubles yourself by looking to remedy this problem as an alternative of looking at why their is a problem to begin with

19. I’d have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

20. I miss him. I really do. But I blew it. Now I’ll never get him back.

21. I have been reading out some of your stories and it’s clever stuff. I will definitely bookmark your website.