Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC)Learning and Innovation team, based at the University of Bristol, prepared this guide to Designing Spaces for Effective Learning: A guide to 21st century learning space design (pdf) for UK higher ed institutions. The guide contains principles, suggestions for planning, and many of examples of formal and informal learning spaces in UK higher ed institutions.
- More on Open Office Spaces November 25, 2013
- Designing Spaces for Effective Learning November 5, 2013
- Learning Space Pre-Programming Tool Kit November 5, 2013
- Use of swivel desks and aisle space to promote interaction in mid-sized college classrooms November 5, 2013
- The Case for a Learning Space Performance Rating System November 5, 2013
Tagsassessing Bentley Butler Community College Computer Science Emory examples Flipped Classroom Harvard Indiana Bloomington interaction large-enrollment class MIT models North Carolina State Open office environments physics planning problem-based rating recommendations Stanford's D.School team-based UNC Chapel Hill University of Minnesota usability lab