STOMP talk nationwide!
- Jessica Swenson and Merredith Portsmore present their paper on service learning research taking place in STOMP classrooms at the American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference (June 2013).
- Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Services profiles a STOMP classroom at the Josiah Quincy School in Boston (May 2013): “STOMPing Problems in Engineering Education”
- Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Service cites STOMP as a key factor in earning Tufts a place on the National Community Service Honor Role (April 2013): “Tufts Earns Place on National Community Service Honor Role”
- Education Week highlights STOMP as a leading program for bringing engineering to K-12 education (March 2013): “Engineering Builds Steam in K-12 Education”
- The Tufts Daily congratulates Professor Babak Moaveni on an NSF CAREER grant, which he now uses to support two STOMP fellows and use LEGO engineering to introduce young students to structural engineering (February 2013): “Professor wins national grant for engineering research”
Prior to 2013
- National Science Teachers Association Report (November, 2010): “STOMP for STEM”
- National Science Foundation “Discoveries” (September 2, 2010): “Bringing Engineering to K-12 Classrooms” by Kimberly J. Montgomery
- Tufts Journal (August 5, 2009): “STOMP Goes to Google” by Majorie Howard
- Tufts Journal (May 20, 2009): “LEGOs and Learning” by Majorie Howard
- Tufts Engineering eNews (September 13, 2008): “Doin’ the Dinosaur STOMP with CEEO”
- Star Bulletin (June 16, 2008): “Science Alliance: The Kids on Campus Program Has Students Use LEGOs to Learn About Technology and Math”
- Tufts Daily (November 3, 2005): “Just How Much Candy Can a LEGO Bulldozer Carry?”
- Berkshires Week (July 22, 2004): “The Scientific Method: An Innovative New Program is Introducing Girls to Engineering and Physics”