Leticia Lopez-Benitez

Class of 2014

Major: Civil Engineering
leticia.lopez_benitez@tufts.edu

llbenitez

Adam Santos

Class of 2009

AdamSantos

adam.r.santos@gmail.com

Adam was actively involve in STOMP for all of his four years as an undergraduate mechanical engineering student at Tufts. Adam was also an active exec board member for two-years. Adam is currently serving in

the U.S. Peace Corps in Lesothos, a small country in the middle of South Africa.

Check out Adam’s blog to read more about his experience in Africa:

http://adamslesotho.blogspot.com

Arielle Fahkraee

Class of 2010

ArielleFakhraee

Arielle.fakhraee@gmail.com

I am currently a design engineer at Aeon Scientific in Zurich, Switzerland working on the design of electromagnetic manipulation systems for various biomedical applications from catheter ablation of the heart to retinal surgery on the eye. The company is a spin-off from my previous lab at ETH Zurich called the Multi-Scale Robotics Lab within the Institute of Robotics and Intelligent systems, which is  directed by Professor Bradley Nelson. My latest project focuses on a magnetic system intended to pull and twist nanowires that are attached to protein molecules, so that the folding and unfolding of the molecule domains can be studied.  The motivation for this research is due to the relationship between the unfolding of molecules and multiple diseases.

Marina Miaoulis

Class of 2012
Marina Miaoulis

marina.miaoulis@gmail.com

Marina received her Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Psychology at Tufts University in May 2012. As an undergraduate at Tufts, Marina was involved in the CEEO’s STOMP and was a member of the Tufts Sailing Team and the Tufts Marathon Team. She loved taking a break from her studies and sports to travel to classrooms in the area and introduce engineering concepts to students through STOMP. Marina is currently working as a software developer at Pegasystems in Cambridge, and is working towards creating a usability team at the company.

Mike Mogenson

Class of 2011/2012
Mike Mogenson

michael.mogenson@gmail.com

Michael graduated from Tufts University with a Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering in May 2012.  As a graduate researcher he worked at the Center for Engineering Education Outreach (CEEO) developing educational robots.  Michael participated in the STOMP program as an undergraduate at Tufts University from 2007-2011.  He now works at the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University and continues to create educational robotics.

Kaitlyn Palmer

Class of 2006-2008

kaitlyn.m.palmer@gmail.com

STOMP was an incredible learning experience for me during both undergraduate and graduate years at Tufts. I became involved as an undergraduate teaching in classrooms and continued on as an executive board member and then as Program Manager while getting my masters degree. The program had a profound impact on my ability to communicate, my leadership skills in group settings, and my ability to reason through a solution on the spot. After graduating, I went to work for LeMessurier Consultants in Boston MA. As a project engineer, I continue to rely on many of the skills I developed through my experience at the CEEO.

Rachel Shapiro

Class of 2009RachelShapiro

shapiro.rachelc@gmail.com

STOMP was the perfect work-study job for me throughout my time at Tufts. I was on the exec board for three years and in my senior year I was able to travel to Macedonia with Elsa to lead an engineering education conference.

My experience with teaching through STOMP allowed me to pursue a variety of teaching positions after college. Most recently I just finished up working for an experiential high school, The Island School, in the Bahamas. I taught place-based, hands-on math classes as well as leading sea kayaking expeditions. While at The Island School I became interested in public health and remote medicine, and I am currently heading back to school at the University of Vermont to pursue nursing and public health.

Tufts Student Teacher Outreach Mentorship Program • 200 Boston Ave • Suite G810 • Medford, MA • 02155 • 617-627-5888

Switch to our mobile site