|Name of Activity||Introduction to Motors|
|Keywords||motor, wire, batter, pulley, connection, electricity, axle, band, primary colors|
|Grade Level||K, 1, 2, 3|
|Time||1 Hour Total|
|Lesson Objectives:||- To familiarize students with the LEGO motor, wire, and battery pack and how they function|
|Brief Description||In this activity, students will learn to connect the LEGO motor, wire, and battery. Students will use the spinning motor to make a piece of art work that they created. If students have made pulley walls, they will attach their motors to the pulley wall as well.|
|Materials Needed:||- LEGO Simple Machine Kits.
– ‘Color Circles’ Worksheet.
– Extra batteries or battery packs.
– Markers, crayons, or colored pencils in primary colors.
– Color wheel to explain mixing of primary colors.
|Preparation and Set Up:||
- Arrange students in pairs.
- Distribute ‘color wheel’ worksheets.
|Extensions or Modifications:||- Allow students to do extra color designs on the ‘Color Circle’ worksheet (print out extras).|
|Sample Image 1||http://sites.tufts.edu/stompactivitydatabase/files/formidable/color_circle.pdf|