Who we are

This is the TASA 2012-2013 team! A couple of members will be added soon…

Name: Arvind Krishnamurthy
Major: Quantitative Economics and minor in Political Science ’13

I am a senior majoring in Quantitative Economics and minoring in American Foreign Policy. In addition to being President of TASA, I am an analyst in the energy sector of the Tufts Financial Group and the co-manager of the Appliances Division of Tufts Student Resources. After Tufts, I would like to use my economics degree to work in either consulting or finance.

Name: Natasha Tyagi
Major: Double Major in Global Health and Anthropology ’13

I aim to pursue a career in human rights law and public health. I have a passion for singing jazz and dancing, and love working with TASA’s amazing group of inspiring students.

Name: Neha Kumar ’13
Major: Double major in Psychology and Economics, and minor in Dance

I’m so excited to take a more active role in TASA and its great events this year! And I generally fill the rest of my time with being a Tufts Bhangra captain, classes, a little procrastination, and a lot of caffeine. :)

Name: Shriya Nevatia
Major: Mathematics ’14

I’m a member of Tufts Tamasha and Synaptic Scholars. I love all styles of dance and spend my free time cooking and watching movies. After Tufts I want to work in a Tech Startup in the fields of Media or Education. My favorite color (for now) is aqua and I love artichokes!

Name: Ayesha Forbes
Major: Peace and Justice Studies, Economics and Mass Communications and Media Studies ’15

I am a  theatre geek and a filmmaking enthusiast, and I love the Indian Jumbo community and can’t wait to get to know every single one of them.

Name: Annirudh Balachandran
Major: Biopsychology ’15

To be honest, I dont know where my home really is, considering that I can say that I am from the states, thailand, japan, and india.

Name: Derek Kallarackal
Major: Biomedical Engineering and Minor in Entrepreneurial Leadership ’15

Hey everyone, some of my hobbies include bhangra (a high-energy Punjabi dance that’s a ton of fun), playing basketball, and religiously following the Boston Celtics. I am a sophomore living in Wren and I can’t wait for the upcoming 2012-2013 school year.