During the week-long workshop, lectures from experts in the environmental field are combined with group learning opportunities and field experiences. Based on our expertise in responding to the participant needs, selected themes cover a wide range of issues including:
- Ecosystems Science
- Water Management, Sanitation and Distribution
- Vector and Animal Borne Diseases
- Community Organizing
- Information Technology
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Daily learning will consist of 2 to 3 speakers on selected topics related to the connections between human, animal, and environmental health, including antibiotic resistance and chemicals in the environment.
Experts from the Tufts library will speak about resources that are available, and how they can be found, accessed, and incorporated into participants’ work and teaching. The Tufts Center for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching (CELT) will expose TELI participants to communication techniques that will assist them in successfully incorporating what they learn into their teaching.
The overall aims of TELI 2013 – One Heath are:
- Introduce the concept of One Health to faculty in the health professions
- Create a strong understanding of the environmental connections of health issues
- Provide One Health course content
- Introduce One Health research and communication tools and skills