TUESDAY, MAY 21, 2013
“ONE HEALTH CONTEXTUAL CONTENT ON WATER AND SANITATION”
LOCATION:# Fletcher School Cabot Hall 7th floor & Deer Land
- Introduce environmental informatics and visualization tools
- Introduce One Health contextual content around water and sanitation
- Reflect on the relation between environmental degradation, water, and health.
- Identify the relevance of the environment/health relationship in their area of expertise.
- Identify areas where they can use environmental informatics in research and teaching.
- Reflect on the value of experiential learning and fieldwork.
- Visit a modern sewage treatment plant and reflect on stages of treatment
8.30 AM-9.00 AM : BREAKFAST( at 7 th floor cabot hall)
9.00 AM- 9.55 AM:Environmental Informatics (Elena Naumova)
9.55 AM-10.15 AM: Library resources (Regina Raboin)
10.15 AM- 10.30 AM: COFFEE BREAK
10.30 AM- 11.00 AM: Library resources (Regina Raboin)
11.00 AM-12.00 PM: Water Borne Diseases(David Gute)
12.00 PM- 1.30 PM: BROWN BAG LUNCH BREAK
1.30 PM- 4.00 PM: Field Trip to Boston Sewage Treatment Plant.
Please note: LOCATION # Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy- Tufts University (Cabot Hall 7th floor Room no:702): 160 Packard Ave, Medford, MA 02155