Wednesday, May 22, 2013
“VECTOR BORNE DISEASES AND CRISIS MAPPING”
LOCATION: # Fletcher School Cabot Hall 7th floor
- Introduce the tools of crisis mapping and crowd sourcing
- Introduce One Health contextual content around vector borne disease
- Learn and understand the humanitarian crisis
- Discuss the difference between treating the symptoms and treating the cause of disease.
- Identify a case relevant to participants work to use crisis mapping.
- Design a research project using crowd sourcing.
- Reflect on the relation between climate change and vector borne disease.
8.30 AM-9.00 AM : BREAKFAST ( at 7 th floor cabot hall)
9.00 AM- 9.30 AM: Social Networks (Rusty Tunnard)
9.30 AM- 10.15 AM: Humanitarian Crisis (Peter Walker)
10.15 AM- 10.30 AM: COFFEE BREAK
10.30 AM- 11.30 PM: Crisis Mapping (Sarah Farmer)
11.30 PM- 12.00 PM: Panel Style Q&A (Rusty Tunnard & Sarah Farmer)
12.00 PM- 1.30 PM: LUNCH BREAK
1.30 PM- 2.15 PM: Cholera Remote Sensing (Shafiqul Islam)
2.15 PM- 2.30 PM: Remarks (President Monaco)
2.30 PM- 2.45 PM: COFFEE BREAK
2.45 PM – 3.30 PM: Village Zero (Maia Majumder)
3.30 PM- 4.00 PM: Q&A and discussion( Shafiqul Islam & Maia Majumder)
Please note: LOCATION # Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy- Tufts University (Cabot Hall 7th floor Room no:702): 160 Packard Ave, Medford, MA 02155