Thursday, May 23, 2013
“ANIMAL HEALTH AND FIELD TRIP”
- Learn to design curriculum around One Health
- Introduce One Health contextual content around biodiversity
- Explore the connections between One Health and conservation medicine
- Explore the impacts of biodiversity on health and disease and gain an understanding for the need to incorporate ecological approaches to their work.
- Learn how to use VUE concept mapping software to illustrate connections in a One Health exercise and to illustrate One Health linkages in their own institutions (including “asset mapping” at their own institution)
- Discuss ways to design and teach an interdisciplinary course of study in One Health
- Visit the Grafton Wildlife hospital and farm.
8.30 AM-9.00 AM :BREAKFAST AT HOTEL
9.00 AM- 10.15 AM: One Health Curriculum Development and Asset Mapping (Gretchen Kaufman)
10.15 AM- 10.30 AM:COFFEE BREAK
10.30 AM- 12.00 PM:Building a program ( Gretchen Kaufman)
12.00 PM- 1.30 PM:LUNCH BREAK
1.30 PM- 2.30 PM:Design on One Health and Teaching Methods (Gretchen Kaufman and Alison Robbins)
2.30 PM- 2.45 PM:COFFEE BREAK
2.45 PM – 3.00 PM: Student’s perspective (Felicia Nutter and Paula Castano)
3.00 PM- 4.00 PM: Biodiversity and Health (Michael Reed)
4.00 PM Buses depart to Prof. Saul Tzipori’s house
4.00 PM- 7.00 PM: *Barbeque
7.00 PM Buses depart to hotel
Please note: LOCATION:
# Grafton: Bernice Barbour wildlife building, 50 Willard StreetNorth Grafton, MA 01536.
* Barbeque : 869, Mainstreet, Shrewsbury, MA 01545