Today was the second day of redesigning and rebuilding. The base of the Axel Rover got a few redesigns as the holes are difficult to line up with Tetrix due to the awkwardness of the provided motor mounts. In the end, two different designs were constructed in order to evaluate which is better. The Carrier bot started coming together, with the walls being made of cardboard, since it is an easily acquired material and inexpensive. Originally I was thinking about their robot being made of 1/16″ Lexan (polycarbonate sheeting), however that would defy the purpose of other people being able to easily build this robot.
Lawrence: Today we still did more reconstructing. We came up with 2 possible ideas for our rover. Both of them are built and we will test them tomorrow to see which of the 2 are better. Also today I made a program to work the double powered servo that I constructed earlier. I made it a double servo so that it would be more powerful. I also synchronized the double powered servo so that it would be better but we ran into technical difficulties that I fixed but it destroyed the synchronizing I did. So my goal for tomorrow is to synchronize the double powered servo so that it works.
Jess: First thing in the morning I had to take apart the base I had spent the entirety of the previous afternoon building. It was growing increasingly unfeasible. The rest of the day was spent constructing two new alternatives to the base, which at times was extremely frustrating, since the holes continue to not match up in ways that have been acceptable to me. In the end, I got the servos/arm mounted in the center of one of the bases as I wished, but continued to be skeptical.
Briyana: My partner and I continued to expand and improve and have got a full base in which the smaller robots (which will be built by the middle school students) will wait to be deployed.
Sarah: We continued building the new robot. We used cardboard for the walls because it is still a prototype and cardboard was easier that using a different material.