Today was our last day before our final demos to the middle schoolers. Also, Jess and Briyana weren’t here so it was even more hectic. Dean finished all the xml code by extracting the code from a working robobook file and modifying it. Also, Sarah finally got the door to the carrier bot working, as well as taping down the white paper and green guiding tape inside the robot. Lawrence finished the mechanized spool and I made modifications to the Axel Rover base: secured the NXT and switched to a two crane design (for stability).
Also, Happy Birthday Jess!
Dean: Did all the xml coding for the interface but when I tried to run the program on the robot, the Bluetooth would not connect (“Line is Busy” error).
Lawrence: Today Jess wasn’t in so I decided to completely re-design the spool controller I made and made it humungous an attached the spool an the battery pack an everything to it so that it would work. It ended up being very successful. It was able to pick up the robot itself that was connected to the fishing line. Nick helped me get a program for the controller which worked as well. Also today Nick helped me re-design the robot itself which turned out being better than the last prototype that we had built.
Jess: I was not in on this day.
Briyana: Was not here.
Sarah: Finally got the door working!!!