The Assignments tool in Trunk is quite robust & allows you to post, grade, and return assignments to students.
Assignments are private. Student submissions are visible to instructors but not to other participants in your course site.
Create an assignment
Go to Help > Assignments for information about advanced capabilities settings.
To create a new assignment, go to the Assignments tool and follow these steps:
- If the Assignments home page is not displayed, click the Reset button.
- On the menu bar, click Add. Trunk displays the Add new assignment screen.
- Enter information about the assignment. There are a wide range of powerful options here, please see the [Assignments tool] documentation for additional explanation. Commonly used fields are explained here:
- Title – Enter a name for the assignment
- Open Date – Select the date and time the assignment is to be made available to students so they can work on it
- Due Date – Select the date and time at which the assignment is due;
- Accept Until – Select the last date and time at which the system is to accept assignments from students. To continue accepting assignments after the due date, select a date and time later than the due date.
- Student Submissions – Select an option to determine whether students must submit their assignments inline only (that is, by typing text directly into a web page on the site), as attachments only, in both ways, non-electronically, or as a single uploaded file only. Selecting the non-electronic submissions option allows you to track grades online for all assignments, including those that students submit in class.
- Grade Scale – Select the grading system for the assignment.
- Assignment Instructions – Enter detailed instructions for completing the assignment. Format the text as necessary.
4. To add one or more attachments to the assignment, click Add Attachments; then proceed as instructed in Adding an Attachment.
5. Choose one of the following options:
- To preview this assignment, click Preview. Trunk displays the Previewing Assignment screen.
- To post this assignment, click Post. Trunk displays the Assignments home page. The assignment list includes your new assignment.
- To save this assignment in draft form, click Save Draft. Trunk displays the Assignments home page. This assignment is marked as a draft.
- To return to the Assignments home page without making any changes, click Cancel.