The Messages tool in Trunk is a simple way of communicating with students or other members of your site.The Messages tool enables you to:
- Send messages inside Trunk to individual site members or groups of site members.
- Receive messages from your site members.
- Send a copy of a message to a recipient’s email address outside Trunk.
- Store, organize and manage communications you’ve sent and received.
Compose a Message
To compose a message using the Messages tool:
- Navigate to the course site. The course tools display in the left Course Tools menu area.
- From the Course Tools menu, click Messages. The CLE displays the home page for the Messages tool. If you do not see the Messages menu bar, click the Reset button.
- Click Compose Message. The Compose a Message screen opens.
- Using your cursor, select message recipients by clicking on their role or name from the To menu. To select multiple recipients, hold down the shift key and click additional recipients.
- By default, messages are sent and received inside Trunk, and users view and manage these messages from the Messages tool. However, when you compose a message, you may choose to send a copy of that message to a student’s email address as well. To send a copy of your message to a student’s email account, check the box next to the:
- Send a copy of this message to recipients’ email address(es) option.
- The email address used will be the email on file with the university unless the user is not registered at Tufts.
- You may then select a priority level for your message by using the pull down menu. The options are Normal, Low and High. (what do these look like?)
- In the subject field, type a subject for your message.
- In the content field (rich text editor) compose your message. You may use the various content editing options to enhance the appearance of your message.
- Optional: Attachments. To add attachments, click Add Attachment and follow the instructions.
- Your options here include browsing to locate a document on your computer, typing in a url for a website, or selecting a file stored in the Resources tool of your site.
- When you are satisfied with your message details, click Send.