Trunk Tips March 2014
Linking to a Library Resource
Links to Tufts library resources work differently than links to other kinds of websites because of how library subscriptions work. You can reliably fix these linking problems by routing the links through the Tufts libraries’ proxy server. Directions for automatically creating these proxy server links can be found at:
View Student Photos
Instructors can view photos of students who are enrolled in the course or have access to the site. To view student photos:
- Go to your course site / Roster
- Click on Pictures
- Make sure the Official Photos radio button is selected
Only those with the role of “Instructor” can access student photos.
The Glossary tool allows instructors to maintain a glossary of terms relevant to their site. To Create a Glossary:
- Go to your Course site / Glossary (The Glossary tool is not a default Trunk tool so you may have to add it to your site – Site Editor / Edit Tools
- Click Add
- Enter a Name for the Glossary term
- Enter a Short Description of the Glossary term. This will be displayed to students when accessing the Glossary tool.
- Enter a Long Description of the Glossary term. This will be displayed to students when clicking on the name of the Glossary term.
- Click Add Term
When students click on the Glossary tool they will see the terms along with a short description. When they click on the term, a pop-up window is displayed in the top right corner of the display that contains the long description.