Trunk Tips Newsletter August 2013
Welcome Public Health!
Trunk would like to WELCOME the Tufts University School of Medicine – Public Health and Professional Degree Programs to the list of Trunk academic course sites.
Tip 1: Publishing Your Course Site
Trunk course sites are automatically populated with the accounts of officially registered students. However, students cannot see a Trunk course site until the instructor publishes it. To Publish your Course site:
- Go to the Course site
- Click on Site Editor (located near the bottom of the tool panel on the left)
- Click on Manage Access (located in the Site Editor Menu near the top of the page)
- Checkmark Publish
- Under Site Visibility select Private
- Click Update
Tip 2: Copy Course Content From One Site to Another
Some instructors may wish to copy some or all of their course site content from one course site to another course site (for instance, from a fall Trunk course site to a spring Trunk course site). To copy the content from one course site to another course site:
- Go to the NEW course site
- Click Site Editor / Import from Site
- Click I Would Like To Replace My Data or I Would like to Merge My Data (read the description of each action)
- Select the Course site from which you would like to Replace or Merge your content.
- Click Continue
- Select the content you would like to Replace or Merge into the new Course site
- Click Finish. The selected content from the old site should now Replace or Merge with the new Course site
Tip 3: TurnItIn Now Part of Assignments Tool
Turnitin is a plagiarism detection service. Instructors receive (in the Trunk Assignments tool) an “Originality Report” from Turnitin for each student submission. Turnitin checks for potential unoriginal content by comparing submitted papers to several databases using a proprietary algorithm. It scans its own databases, and also has licensing agreements with large academic proprietary databases.
To use Turnitin:
- Go to your Course site / Assignments
- Click Add
- In the Add Assignment form, checkmark Use Turnitin
Checkmarking “Use Turnitin” will enable a copy of the submitted file to be sent to Turnitin and an “Originality Report” sent back to the Trunk Assignments tool for the Instructor to view.