Trunk Tips Newsletter November 2013
Student Course Evaluations:
Although most Tufts Schools have a different evaluation form and a slightly different evaluation period, all online student course evaluations will be conducted sometime within the final three weeks of the Fall 2013 semester. Students are notified by e-mail when course evaluation forms become available. Only officially registered students can access a course evaluation form.
Some departments or programs may choose not to have certain courses evaluated (for instance: low enrollment, labs, recitations, special topics, seminars)
You can view an example of your School’s student course evaluation form at the following URLs:
Arts/Sciences & Engineering
Fall 2013 course evaluation reports will become available to instructors on January 3, 2014.
To access a course evaluation report as an instructor:
- Go to your Workspace site
- Click on Course Evaluations
- Click on View Report for a particular semester’s evaluations
- Checkmark the course report you would like to view
- Click Submit. The evaluation report for that course will be displayed.
Instructors can download a copy of the course evaluation by clicking on Export CSV or Export Excelor Export PDF.
Instructors can also checkmark multiple courses and receive an evaluation report that combines the evaluation data for the multiple courses.
Instructors that teach courses with multiple instructors can view the overall course evaluation but can only view their own instructor evaluation.
Respondus Lockdown Browser:
The Respondus LockDown Browser is a customized browser that increases the security of assessment delivery in the Trunk Test & Quizzes assessment engine.
When students use the Respondus LockDown Browser to access an assessment, they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. Once an assessment is started, students are locked into it until it’s submitted for grading.
To require the Respondus browser be used for a Test/Quiz:
- Go to your course site/Test & Quizzes
- In the panel labeled Pending Assessments, click on the Select Action drop down box for the Test/Quiz and select Settings
- Under High Security, select Respondus LockDown Browser
- Click Save Settings and Publish
- Click Publish
- A copy of the Test/Quiz is created and placed in a panel labeled Published Assessments / Active (testing in progress). The name of the Test/Quiz will be appended with Requires Respondus LockDown Browser
To take the Test/Quiz students must download and install the Respondus LockDown Browser on their computer.