TTAM Members by School/Department
Arts and Sciences, & Engineering
Dean of Student Affairs Office
- John Barker, Dean of Undergraduate and Graduate Students – 617-627-4239
- Marisel Perez, Associate Dean of Students – 617-627-3158
- Chris Rossi, Assistant Dean of Student Affairs– 617-627-3158 – Read bioChris Rossi serves as the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs for the School of Arts & Sciences and the School of Engineering. Through this role, Chris acts as the primary point of contact for all first-year students looking to connect with the Dean of Student Affairs Office. He sits on the assessment team, providing his expertise in how crises impact the broader, residential, living and learning community. He has been in this role with Tufts University since 2015.
School of Engineering
- Lorin Polidora, Department Administrator – 617-627-2553 Read bioLorin Polidora serves as the Department Administrator in the Mechanical Engineering Department. She has been in this role in the School of Engineering since 2005, coordinating the academic, financial, and administrative operations of the department. She works closely with faculty, fulfilling the Department’s mission to provide educational experiences through integrated teaching and research, thus giving students a sound basis for professional practice and a career of lifelong learning. Lorin serves as a TTAM team member, providing her practical understanding of the student experience and specific knowledge of the issues and challenges faced by the students in the School of Engineering.
- Sarah Richmond, Department Manager – 617-627-5753 Read bioSarah Richmond serves as the Department Manager for the Department of Computer Science on the Medford/Somerville campus. In this role, she is responsible for running the day-to-day operations for the CS department and heading the team which supports the 25 faculty and 500+ students in the department. Sarah serves as an assessment team member representing the School of Engineering and lending her 11 years of experience in dealing with faculty, students, and staff at Tufts. She has been in this role at Tufts University since 2014.
School of the Museum of Fine Arts (SMFA)
- Under construction. Please contact Medford/Somerville team until further notice.
Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
- Barbara Berman, Assistant Dean of Student Affairs – 508-887-4725
- Joyce Knoll, Interim Chair of the Department of Biomedical Sciences – 508-887-4558- Read bioJoyce Knoll is the interim chair of the Department of Biomedical Sciences and the Director of the Cummings School’s clinical pathology laboratory. She has been actively involved in the curriculum, as an instructor, administrator of several courses, and a long term member of the curriculum committee. Joyce serves as an assessment team member because her varied responsibilities have allowed her to cultivate relationships with faculty, staff, and students alike. She advises faculty members, understands the stresses and demands faced by our veterinary students, and has a good working knowledge of hospital operations, and the interface there between faculty, staff, and students. She has been at Tufts University since 1990.
- Joe McManus, Executive Associate Dean – 508-887-4734
- Mary Dulatre, Registrar/Manager of Student Academic Programs– 617-627-2405 – Read bioMary Dulatre serves as Registrar and Manager of Student Academic Programs at The Fletcher School on the Medford/Somerville campus. In her role, Mary works with students to create a program that meets their overall academic and career goals. Mary serves as an assessment team member, providing her expertise in student interaction and behavior. She has been at Tufts since 2012 and in this role since June 2015.
- Katie Mulroy, Associate Director of Student Affairs– 617-627-5997 – Read bioKatie Mulroy serves as the Associate Director of Student Affairs at the Fletcher School on the Medford/Somerville Campus. Katie oversees areas of student life by working with student organizations, Student Council, and individual students to ensure the academic and personal success of all studying at Fletcher. Katie serves as an assessment team member, providing her expertise in student life issues. She has been in this role at Tufts University since August 2015.
Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy
- Krissy Day, Director of Business Operations– 617-636-0342 – Read bioKrissy Day joined the Friedman School as the Director of Business Operations in September 2015, coming to Tufts from Harvard, where she previously managed Institutional Research, Strategic Projects, Administrative and Academic Affairs, and coordinated the work of Human Resources. She also has private sector experience working as an operations director and a contracts administrator. In her current role, Krissy is responsible for day-to-day operations associated with a broad array of administrative functions including finance, space and facilities, human resources, general and faculty administrative support, information management and security, contracts and technology management, and more. She also serves as Friedman’s operational liaison with most Tufts University divisions and offices. Krissy serves as an assessment team member for faculty/staff cases, providing her expertise in employee issues.
- Matt Hast, Assistant Dean of Student Affairs– 617-636-6719 – Read bioMatthew Hast serves as the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs for the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy on the Health Sciences Campus in downtown Boston. In his role, he oversees the areas of student life, admissions, and registrar functions for the Friedman School. Matt serves as an assessment team member, providing expertise in student life. He has worked at Tufts University since 2000.
- Richard Moyer, Associate Director of Admissions– 617-636-0864
- Julien Carter, Vice President of Human Resources – 617-627-3271 – Read bioJulien Carter serves as the Vice President for Human Resources. In that role, he or his team assists the university community with a wide-array of services connected to their employment or benefits with the university. It is important to have Human Resources on the TTAM team because often issues first arise as employee relations or possible training issues. Human Resources is called upon by supervisors and managers to offer solutions or coaching that help address workplace issues. As head of HR, Julien will be able to quickly identify resources or strategies that may prove useful by the TTAM committee in reviewing cases.
- Christine McColgan, Human Resources Business Partner – 617-626-3906 – Read bioChristine McColgan serves as Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) for the University. As an HRBP she acts as a strategic partner to business leaders by providing advice and guidance on a wide range of issues including organizational development, workforce planning, and employee management. Christine continuously aligns Human Resources mission and objectives to customer business goals and strategies, acts as a conduit to core Human Resources services, and also manages the recruitment cycle for a wide range of positions. In addition, she collaborates with managers and employees to resolve complex and sensitive employee relations issues. Christine serves as an assessment team member, providing her expertise in employee relations and university policy interpretation. She has been in this role with Tufts University since 2011.
- Maureen Sonnie, Director of HR Strategies– 617-627-6272 – Read bioMaureen Sonnie is the Director of HR Strategies, focused on mentoring and guiding HR Business Partners and Recruiters in developing strategic plans for University clients, assuring the delivery of high quality HR services that are aligned with the mission of the university. As a working HRBP, Maureen partners with her own portfolio of internal clients to identify needs and implement customized solutions that tie into each client’s strategic plan. She has over twenty years of HR experience and has been employed by Tufts since 2008. With that knowledge of Tufts, Maureen offers resources or strategies that may prove useful in the course of participating in TTAM case reviews.
Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences
- Beth Storrs, Director of Enrollment Services and Registrar– 617-636-2180 – Read bioBeth Storrs serves as the Director of Enrollment Services and Registrar for the Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences on the Tufts Health Sciences campus in Boston. She has been at Tufts since 2011, and currently supervises all admissions and records functions for the Sackler School, managing applicant and student data and experience from their initial contact with the school though the admissions process, enrollment, and graduation. Beth brings expertise in developing and implementing fair processes and procedures which facilitate student success, and an understanding of the very specific types of stress faced by students and faculty working in the biomedical sciences.
School of Dental Medicine
- Robert Kasberg, Associate Dean Admissions & Student Affairs– 617-636-6539 – Read bioDr. Robert H. Kasberg serves as Associate Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs at the School of Dental Medicine on the Boston campus. In his role as Associate Dean, Dr. Kasberg oversees all aspects of admission to the Dental School and all phases of student affairs, including professionalism and mind and body wellness. He also serves as the school’s chief diversity officer and is responsible for student diversity. Robert serves as an assessment team member, providing his expertise in student affairs and conflict resolution. He has held his position at Tufts University since March 2012.
- Katherine Vosker, Director of Student Affairs– 617-636-0887 – Read bioKatherine Vosker serves as Director of Student Affairs at the School of Dental Medicine. She has been a staff member at the Dental School for 14 years. As manager of her department, Katherine oversees student activities and student government, formal student events (Orientations, Commencements), career services, academic accommodations for students under the ADA, and serves as the Title IX Liaison for the school. Katherine is also the elected Chair of the Staff Advisory Council at the School of Dental Medicine as well as an active member of the Ethics Professionalism and Citizenship Committee.
School of Medicine
- Carol Duffey, Assistant Dean for Student Enrollment/Registrar – 617-636-6568 – Read bioCarol Duffey serves as the Assistant Dean for Student Enrollment/Registrar at Tufts University School of Medicine on the Boston campus. She has been at Tufts since 2002 and has more than 25 years of experience in student administration. In this capacity, she oversees and manages student academic records and clinical scheduling. Carol is also responsible for supporting all privacy requirements of students within the school and enforcing FERPA compliance. She is a member of the Student Affairs leadership team, an ex-officio member of the Student Ethics and Promotions Committee, and serves as a University Information Steward. Carol serves as a TTAM team member, providing her knowledge regarding student enrollment status and academic progress.
- Janet Kerle, Associate Dean of Students – 617-636-6534 – Read bioJanet Kerle serves as the Associate Dean of Students at Tufts University School of Medicine on the Boston campus. She has worked at Tufts in various administrative positions for 33 years, with 22 years as Associate Dean. In this capacity she oversees many of the functions of the Office of Student Affairs and provides academic and personal support for students as they move through the rigors of medical school. Janet is an ex-officio member of the Student Evaluation and Promotions Committee.
- Amy Kuhlik, Dean of Students– 617-636-6534 – Read bioAmy Kuhlik has served as the Dean of Students at Tufts University School of Medicine (TUSM) since 2001. In this capacity she oversees the many functions of the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) and the Student Advisory Health Administration office as well as the administration of the clinical phase of the MD student curriculum. Amy serves as an ex-officio member of the Student Evaluation and Promotions Committee, and was also involved in the committee that advised the University on its TTAM policy. She is available for consultation from students or faculty members who may have concerns about an individual.
- Tom Malone, Executive Associate Dean – 617-636-2474 – Read bioTom Malone is the Executive Associate Dean at the School of Medicine. In this role, he is responsible for leading strategic initiatives and ensuring the administrative and financial functions support and strengthen the school’s mission and academic objectives. He brings experience in managing teams and complex relationships across a diverse constituency representing faculty, students, staff, and University leadership. Prior to joining Tufts in November of 2014, Tom held various leadership positions at other medical schools including UC San Diego, Columbia University, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, and the University of Alabama, Birmingham.
Public and Environmental Safety
- Geoffrey Bartlett, Director of Emergency Management – 617-627-3149 – Read bioGeoffrey Bartlett serves as the university’s Director of Emergency Management, leading efforts to prevent, mitigate, prepare for, and recover from major emergencies, and also oversees the Public Safety Communications Center and is advisor to Tufts Emergency Medical Services. Geoff has been a member of the Tufts community for almost 20 years.
- Mark Keith (Medford/Somerville), Deputy Chief, Tufts Police – 617-627-3978 – Read bioMark Keith is a Deputy Chief for Tufts University Police Department with primary responsibilities on the Medford/Somerville campus. Deputy Keith is a twenty-five year member of the Department with an additional seven years of law enforcement experience with the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office in California. Deputy Keith participates in the planning and coordination of large events held on campus and works closely with the Office of Student Affairs to address students of concern.
- Kevin Maguire, Director of Public and Environmental Safety – 617-627-3572 – Read bioKevin C. Maguire serves as the Director of Public and Environmental Safety (DPES) at Tufts University. In this role, Kevin provides leadership and direction for the department charged with assuring that Tufts remains a safe place in which to learn, work, and live. For TTAM, Kevin guides case discussion and communicates with other threat assessment team members and senior university officials. He also assists in managing cases and in creating and updating relevant university policies. Kevin has over 30 years of Public Safety/Law Enforcement experience serving municipal, state, and higher education communities.
- Linda O’Brien (Boston/Grafton), Deputy Chief, Tufts Police – 617-636-6847 – Read bioLinda O’Brien is Deputy Chief for Tufts University Police Department with primary responsibility for the Boston and Grafton campuses and administrative responsibilities on the Medford campus. Deputy Chief O’Brien oversees the department’s training, recruiting, and compliance issues, as well as the day to day operational functions of the University’s police and security needs.
- Lee Romprey, Deputy Director of Public Safety Operations – 617-627-0692 – Read bioLee Romprey serves as the Deputy Director of Public Safety Operations. His role as the Deputy Director of Public Safety Operations is to provide direction and leadership to Police Operations and Administrative Services. Lee serves as an assessment team member, providing his expertise in best practices in policing and assists the team by coordinating law enforcement activities and public safety services as appropriate. He has 25 years of professional experience in campus law enforcement and joined Tufts University in December 2014.
Advisory to the Teams
- Michael Baenen, Chief of Staff, President’s Office Read bioMichael Baenen serves as the Chief of Staff in the Office of the President. In this role, he provides managerial support to President Monaco, represents him on University-wide committees, coordinates initiatives with other offices across Tufts, and undertakes special projects. Michael serves as an advisory team member, providing his expertise in policy development and communications. He has been in this role with Tufts University since 2007.
- Linda Escoll, Psy.D., Ed.M., Associate Director of the Tufts Counseling and Mental Health Service Read bioDr. Linda Escoll serves as Associate Director of the Tufts Counseling and Mental Health Service (CMHS) on the Medford/Somerville campus. Dr. Escoll serves as an advisory mental health consultant to TTAM. In this role, she provides expertise about mental health issues, needs, and concerns when these are relevant. A mental health consultant is one of the positions generally required on a threat assessment team.
- Dana L. Fleming, Esq., Assistant General Counsel for Labor and Employment, University Relations – University Counsel Read bioDana L. Fleming serves as Assistant General Counsel for the University. Her role as Assistant General Counsel is to advise administrators, faculty and staff on a wide variety of matters including employment, student affairs, and legal compliance work. Dana serves as an advisory team member, providing her expertise in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and years of experience as a litigator. She has been in this role with Tufts since she joined the University in 2015.
- Lili Palacios-Baldwin, Esq., Associate General Counsel for Labor and Employment, University Relations – University Counsel Read bioLili Palacios-Baldwin serves as the University’s Associate General Counsel for Labor and Employment. In this position, she advises senior administrators, offers guidance on relevant federal and state laws, and represents the University in a variety of matters.
- Mary Pat McMahon, Dean of Student Affairs – 617-627-3158 – Read bioMary Pat McMahon serves as the Dean of Student Affairs for the School of Arts and Science and the School of Engineering. With broad responsibility to oversee student life beyond the classroom for all graduate and undergraduate students in these schools, Mary Pat serves as an advisory team member, providing her expertise in individual student support, residential life, judicial affairs, and student crisis response. She has been in this role with Tufts University since April 2014 and has over 15 years of experience in supporting students in residentially-based learning communities.
- Julie Ross, Ph.D., Director of the Tufts Counseling and Mental Health Service Read bioDr. Julie Ross is the Director of the Tufts Counseling and Mental Health Service (CMHS) on the Medford/Somerville campus. Dr. Ross serves as a consultant to the team when issues related to mental health are a concern. A mental health professional is one of the positions generally required on a threat assessment team.
Threat Assessment and Management
- Perah Kessman, Ph.D., LMHC, Threat Assessment Manager, Tufts Threat Assessment and Management Read bioPerah is the Threat Assessment Manager for the Tufts Threat Assessment and Management (TTAM) program. In this capacity, Perah conducts TTAM investigations, documents case information, facilitates team meetings and trainings, conducts outreach presentations, and creates and updates relevant university policies. This work is critical to TTAM operations, as it ensures that cases are managed and reviewed in a timely manner. Perah has nearly 10 years of professional experience in mental health and has been with TTAM since April 2014.
TTAM team members are responsible for treating their work confidentially. While a TTAM team member cannot promise confidentiality during the intake or reporting process, information will be shared only with those who need to know. TTAM members may not disclose confidential material to anyone outside of the TTAM process, unless the team determines that disclosure is warranted because the individual receiving the information is a university official or emergency responder with a need to know.