TTAM Members by School/Department
Arts and Sciences, & Engineering
Dean of Student Affairs Office
- Marisel Perez, Associate Dean of Students – 617-627-3158
- Bruce Reitman, Dean for Campus Life and Leadership – 617-627-3158 – Read bioBruce Reitman serves as the Dean for Campus Life and Leadership on the Medford/Somerville campus and addresses issues for students, faculty, staff and Tufts families in the School of Arts and Sciences, the School of Engineering and the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. The Dean is a primary advocate for the quality of student life in the community, including maintaining policies and mechanisms that address safety, encourage civility in our campus dialogue, and promote a living/learning environment where students feel welcome and can pursue both their academic pursuits and take part in a rich and diverse co-curriculum.
- David Harder, Professor of Psychology – 617-627-2523 – Read bioProfessor Harder is a member of the Tufts Psychology Department faculty and a clinical psychologist with an outpatient private practice.
School of Engineering
- Lorin Polidora, Department Administrator - 617-627-2553 Read bioLorin Polidora serves as the Department Administrator in the Mechanical Engineering Department. She has been in this role in the School of Engineering for 9 years, coordinating the academic, financial, and administrative operations of the department. She works closely with faculty, fulfilling the Department’s mission to provide educational experiences through integrated teaching and research, thus giving students a sound basis for professional practice and a career of lifelong learning. Lorin serves as a TTAM team member providing her practical understanding of the student experience, and specific knowledge of the issues and challenges faced by the students in the School of Engineering.
Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
- Barbara Berman, Assistant Dean Student Affairs – 508-887-4725
- Arthur Donohue-Rolfe, Associate Professor and Chair – 508-839-7919
- Joe McManus, Executive Associate Dean – 508-887-4734
- Nora McMillan, Registrar/Manager of Student Academic Programs– 617-627-2405 – Read bioNora Moser McMillan serves as the Registrar/Manager of Student Academic Programs at The Fletcher School, on the Medford/Somerville campus. She has been in this role with Tufts University for 19 years. Nora works with students to create a program that meets their overall academic and career goals while at the same time meeting Fletcher School degree requirements. Her relationships with both the students and faculty can provide valuable insight into student behavior. Nora also serves as a student advocate and works to ensure that students are receiving the resources necessary to be successful at The Fletcher School.
Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy
- Terese Daly, Senior Director of Administration and Finance – 617-636-3708 – Read bioTerese (Terre) Daly serves as Senior Director of Administration and Finance at the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy on the Boston Campus. She has been in this role for six years and at the School for twelve years. Prior to this she was employed in Advancement, Finance and at the University Library. As the senior administrator at the Friedman School, Terre interacts with faculty, staff and students at the school as well as with administrators across all of the schools and central divisions. Having been employed at the University for over thirty years, Terre has an extensive network in place. Her varied background gives her a well-rounded ability to respond to multiple scenarios.
- Sabrina Williams (Boston and Grafton), Director of Human Resources – 617-636-5599 – Read bioSabrina Williams is the Human Resources Director for the Boston and Grafton campuses. As the HR Director, Ms. Williams and her colleagues are responsible for providing employees with a myriad of HR services including employee relations, referral to third party providers such as the employee assistance program (EAP), assistance with recruitment and hiring, access to career development strategies / resources including training, assistance with benefits and compensation questions and services. The HR department engages with the TTAM to direct employee to the right resources as well as assist with the coordination of services provided by the TTAM. HR provides employees with information on policies and procedures, as needed.
School of Dental Medicine
- Mark Gonthier, Executive Associate Dean – 617-636-2749 – Read bioMark Gonthier is the Executive Associate Dean at the School of Dental Medicine. He has served in this role for two years and has been an employee at Tufts for 27 years. Prior to his current role, he served as first Assistant Dean of Admissions and Student Affairs at the School of Dental Medicine (1995-2001) and then as Associate Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs (2001-2011). This position serves a critical role in the work associated with this undertaking, as Mark has prior experiences with assessing the risks and behavioral threat levels of predoctoral and postgraduate students in distress.
School of Medicine
- Janet Kerle, Associate Dean of Students – 617-636-6534 – Read bioJanet Kerle serves as the Associate Dean of Students at Tufts University School of Medicine on the Boston campus. She has worked at Tufts in various administrative positions for 33 years, with 22 years as associate dean. In this capacity she oversees many of the functions of the Office of Student Affairs and provides academic and personal support for students as they move through the rigors of medical school. Janet is an ex-officio member of the Student Evaluation and Promotions Committee.
- Amy Kuhlik, Dean of Students– 617-636-6534 – Read bioAmy Kuhlik has served as the Dean of Students at Tufts University Medical School (TUSM) for the past 13 years. In this capacity she oversees the many functions of the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) and the Student Advisory Health Administration office as well as the administration of the clinical phase of the MD student curriculum. Amy serves as an ex-officio member of the Student Evaluation and Promotions Committee, and was also involved in the committee that advised the University on its TTAM policy. She is available for consultation from students or faculty members who may have concerns about an individual.
- Marsha Semuels, Executive Administrative Dean – 617-636-2474 – Read bioMarsha Semuels has served as Executive Administrative Dean at the medical school for 8 years. She is responsible for all non-academic aspects of the school, including human resources, and works closely with the student affairs deans at each of the three major degree program areas in the school (MD, PhD and Public Health and Professional Degree Programs). Prior to coming to Tufts, she spent nearly 20 years at Harvard, much of that time as an assistant provost. During her time at Harvard, she headed a task force responsible for developing a new framework and support system for victims of sexual assault and also developed an emergency response system for student crises.
- Carol Duffey, Assistant Dean for Student Enrollment/Registrar – 617-636-6568 – Read bioCarol Duffey serves as the Assistant Dean for Student Enrollment/Registrar at Tufts University School of Medicine on the Boston campus. She has been at Tufts for 12 years and has more than 25 years of experience in student administration. In this capacity, she oversees and manages student academic records and clinical scheduling. Carol is also responsible for supporting all privacy requirements of students within the school and enforcing FERPA compliance. She is a member of the Students Affairs leadership team, an ex-officio member of the Student Ethics and Promotions Committee, and serves as a University Information Steward. Carol serves as a TTAM team member, providing her knowledge regarding student enrollment status and academic progress.
Public and Environmental Safety
- Geoffrey Bartlett, Director of Emergency Management – 617-627-3149 – Read bioGeoffrey Bartlett serves as the university’s Director of Emergency Management, leading efforts to prevent, mitigate, prepare for, and recover from major emergencies, and also oversees the Public Safety Communications Center and is advisor to Tufts Emergency Medical Services. Geoff has been a member of the Tufts community for almost 20 years.
- Mark Keith (Medford/Somerville), Deputy Chief, Tufts Police – 617-627-3978 – Read bioMark Keith is a Deputy Chief for Tufts University Police Department with primary responsibilities on the Medford/Somerville campus. Deputy Keith is a twenty-five year member of the Department with an additional seven years of law enforcement experience with the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office in California. Deputy Keith participates in the planning and coordination of large events held on campus and works closely with the Office of Student Affairs to address students of concern.
- Kevin Maguire, Director of Public and Environmental Safety – 617-627-3572 – Read bioKevin C. Maguire serves as the Director of Public and Environmental Safety (DPES) at Tufts University. In this role, Kevin provides leadership and direction for the department charged with assuring that Tufts remains a safe place in which to live, work and learn. For TTAM, Kevin guides case discussion and communicates with other threat assessment team members and senior university officials. He also assists in managing cases and in creating and updating relevant university policies. Kevin has over 30 years of Public Safety/Law Enforcement experience serving municipal, state and higher education communities.
- Linda O’Brien (Boston/Grafton), Deputy Chief, Tufts Police – 617-636-6847 – Read bioLinda O’Brien is Deputy Chief for Tufts University Police Department with primary responsibility for the Boston and Grafton campuses and administrative responsibilities on the Medford campus. Deputy Chief O’Brien oversees the departments training, recruiting and compliance issues as well as the day to day operational functions of the University’s police and security needs.
Advisory to the Teams
- Michael Baenen, Chief of Staff, President’s Office, Read bioMichael Baenen serves as the Chief of Staff in the Office of the President. In this role, he provides managerial support to President Monaco, represents him on University-wide committees, coordinates initiatives with other offices across Tufts, and undertakes special projects. Michael serves as an advisory team member, providing his expertise in policy development and communications. He has been in this role with Tufts University since 2007.
- Michelle Bowdler, Senior Director of Health & Wellness, Health Services Read bioMichelle Bowdler is the Senior Director of Health & Wellness at Tufts University, overseeing Health, Mental Health and Health Education on campus. She served as the Principal Investigator for the Campus Violence Prevention grant at Tufts, as well as the Garrett Lee Smith Suicide Prevention Grant. Michelle has been on the Threat Assessment Planning Committee since its inception, and will continue to serve in an advisory capacity.
- David Harder, Professor of Psychology, Arts and Sciences, & Engineering Read bioProfessor Harder is a member of the Tufts Psychology Department faculty and a clinical psychologist with an outpatient private practice.
- Lili Palacios-Baldwin Esq., Associate General Counsel for Labor and Employment, University Relations – University Counsel Read bioLili Palacios-Baldwin serves as the University’s Associate General Counsel for Labor and Employment. In this position she advises senior administrators, offers guidance on relevant federal and state laws, and represents the University in a variety of matters.
- Martha Pokras, Interim VP of Human Resources Read bioMartha Pokras serves as the Executive Director of Planning and Administration in the Office of the Executive Vice President on Medford/Somerville campus. She has been in this role with Tufts University for 6 years. Over her 34 years at Tufts, she has worked closely with faculty, staff, and students on all three campuses.
- Bruce Reitman, Dean for Campus Life and Leadership, Dean of Student Affairs Office at Arts and Sciences, & Engineering Read bioBruce Reitman serves as the Dean for Campus Life and Leadership on the Medford/Somerville campus and addresses issues for students, faculty, staff and Tufts families in the School of Arts and Sciences, the School of Engineering and the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. The Dean is a primary advocate for the quality of student life in the community, including maintaining policies and mechanisms that address safety, encourage civility in our campus dialogue, and promote a living/learning environment where students feel welcome and can pursue both their academic pursuits and take part in a rich and diverse co-curriculum.
- Julie Ross Ph. D., Director of the Tufts Counseling and Mental Health Service, Health Services Read bioDr. Julie Ross is the Director of the Tufts Counseling and Mental Health Service (CMHS) on the Medford/Somerville campus. Dr. Ross serves as a consultant to the team when issues related to mental health are a concern. A mental health professional is one of the positions generally required on a threat assessment team.
Licensed risk assessment professionals as advisory team members
Each TTAM team has one advisory member trained and licensed to provide the team with a written evaluation and risk assessment of substance abuse and/or a clinical assessment of dangerousness regarding the person of concern, where such evaluation(s) appear warranted. Written assessments will be used in conjunction with TTAM team deliberations when evaluating threatening and/or potentially violent behavior.
TTAM team members are responsible for treating their work confidentially. While a TTAM team member cannot promise confidentiality during the intake or reporting process, information will be shared only with those who need to know. TTAM members may not disclose confidential material to anyone outside of the TTAM process, unless the team determines that disclosure is warranted because the individual receiving the information is a university official or emergency responder with a need to know.