The Sustainable Endowments Institute (SEI), a special project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, seeks highly motivated and reliable individuals for a part-time Joint Research and Communication Fellowship this fall.
The fellowship positions will last the fall semester or full academic year, dependent on applicant interest and/or availability, starting in September 19th, 2011. Flexible scheduling arrangements can be considered in certain circumstances.
The Institute’s successful research fellows program is entering its sixth year and has involved undergraduate/graduate students and alumni from dozens of leading schools including: Brandeis, Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Kalamazoo, Michigan, Northeastern, Oberlin, Penn, Stanford, UC Santa Barbara, Vermont Law School, Williams, and Yale.
The Sustainable Endowments Institute is a nonprofit organization engaged in research and education to advance sustainability in campus operations and endowment practices. Founded in 2005, the Institute is a special project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors. Located in Harvard Square, Cambridge, our office is easily accessible by public transportation.
Candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample as Microsoft Word or PDF file attachments. Send to Mark Orlowski, Executive Director at the following email: jobs(at)endowmentinstitute.org.
Please address the following questions within the body of your cover letter:
• How did you hear about the fall SEI joint research and communications fellow opportunity?
• Why are you interested in working for the Sustainable Endowments Institute?
• What experiences—work-related or otherwise—have you had on the topic of environmental sustainability in higher education?
• What set of skills or experiences have you had working with college and university administrators and /or other student leaders on campus?
• Do you have any experience in succinctly summarizing and explaining large amounts of data?
• What are you hoping to gain from a position at SEI?
SEI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation. We strongly encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.