2012 will be a critical year for influencing the national discussion on climate change and energy. The Tar Sands Action, Moving Planet, and the growing #occupy movement have built a wave of public engagement on corporate money in politics—and energy and climate are at the center of that fight. From Keystone XL to fossil fuel extraction, utility fights and embattled EPA pollution regulations, advocates have the opportunity to take a bold stance, demanding that leaders at all levels of government step up to the plate and side with people over polluters.
350.org is taking a national leadership role in putting climate and energy at the center of the political debate in 2012 through grassroots organizing, mobilizing, and visibility actions in key states throughout the US. Concurrently, we will help build, train and resource an insurgent grassroots army of climate and energy volunteer leaders, helping to make the growing climate movement a powerful, sustained political constituency.
* Research, develop, and implement a plan to grow the climate movement in New Hampshire and increase its visibility from now through July 15, 2012.
* Develop teams of climate activists and organizers throughout the state.
* Organize regular grassroots bird-dogging, public education, accountability and media events on climate and clean energy.
* Develop a team of activists interested in scaling up efforts to hold politicians and polluters accountable for dirty campaign contributions, pollution, and corruption.
* Organize at least one NH grassroots leadership workshop with 15-30 volunteer leaders.
* Work closely with Better Future Project and other state partners to ensure buy-in and coordination for visibility events.
* Communicate regularly with 350.org central staff, and drafting brief weekly reports outlining that week’s activities.
* Liaise and support other progressive grassroots movements, and represent 350.org in partner and coalition work with them.
* 1-5 years of experience in grassroots organizing or political campaigns, paid or unpaid.
* Commitment to and passion for the 350.org mission of building a movement to stop the climate crisis.
* Familiarity with New Hampshire culture and politics.
* Passionate about holding our elected leaders accountable.
* Interested in pursuing creative new ways to build a movement and scale up volunteer led activism.
* Self-starter with the passion, creativity, and drive to make things happen.
This is a 6-month contract position with the possibility to extend depending on performance. Salary is commensurate with experience.
350.org is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender people and those with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume as soon as possible to email@example.com