Title: Graduate Training Development Intern
About GreenerU: From comprehensive energy efficiency programs to behavior change initiatives, GreenerU partners with colleges and their students to solve the campus sustainability and energy management challenges of today and tomorrow. GreenerU believes that colleges are ideally situated to become climate and sustainability leaders, and our mission is to help them achieve this objective. Our energy team helps schools implement energy efficiency projects, often including renewable energy or cogeneration components, while the sustainability staff assists with the “people” side of the equation with behavior change and sustainability initiatives. Learn more at GreenerU’s website.
The sustainability team at GreenerU seeks an exceptional graduate student or recent graduate to develop Sustainability Trainings for employees of higher education institutions. This summer internship offers a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in an exciting, entrepreneurial green company.
This is a paid full time position for 10-12 weeks over the summer located in Waltham, MA.
The ideal candidate for this position is studying or has experience with education for sustainability, employee engagement, training and/or program design. We see the strong possibility for this to be a thesis focus for a graduate student.
- Perform market research on existing employee trainings for sustainability
- Create a framework for training modules for a variety of staff audiences and produce materials to
- Help find external partners with existing expertise and offerings where applicable
- Graduate student or recent graduate
- Experience with training and program design required
- Experience with sustainability literacy/ Education for Sustainability required
- Strong interest and/or experience in campus sustainability preferred
- Creative, entrepreneurial, strategic thinker
- Initiative and the ability to work independently, a can-do attitude and a desire to learn
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled. You may apply by sending the following to email@example.com:
2) A cover letter describing why you are a good fit for this position.
3) A list of 2-3 references who can attest to your experience and work ethic. Include their name, title, email address, and phone number. They can be from on or off campus work experiences, academics, or even your peers.