The Publications Fellow position is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding undergrad or recent graduate to hone writing and editing skills, exercise creativity in graphic design, build a published product for his/her portfolio, and gain exposure to nonprofit management and socially responsible business.
Reporting to the Chapters Program Manager, the Program Fellow will be responsible for producing one of Net Impact’s flagship annual publications, the Business as UNusual guide. The guide presents the student perspective on how MBA and other graduate programs incorporate social and environmental issues into their curriculum and student life.
- Compile, edit, and proof school profiles submitted by Net Impact chapter leaders
- Create and design the guide in Adobe InDesign
- Interface with university admissions contacts regarding each school’s submission
- Develop materials and strategies to market the guide to external audiences
- Contribute to strategic thought leadership discussions with senior staff
- Participate in organization-wide team meetings and activities
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or recent graduate at four-year university
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Fluency in Adobe InDesign and page layout
- High standards for excellence and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and juggle multiple deadlines
- Flexibility and a sense of humor
- Enthusiastic commitment to Net Impact’s mission
Please email the following application materials to Samantha Johnston at email@example.com. Write your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Program Fellow, Publications”) in the subject line of your email.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and Net Impact, your qualifications, and your availability
- Resume including GPA
- Writing sample
Duration: 3 months, starting June 1
Location: San Francisco, CA
For the full online fellowship description and for information on other fellowships through Net Impact, check out this page.