Ever thought about having a great career dedicated to
- improving the health and well-being of all Americans?
- ensuring that we have clean air, pure water and better-protected land?
You can have that career at EPA! EPA internships and fellowships provide a great introduction to our work, giving you a sense of whether EPA might be the right place for you.
The US EPA, Region 1 (New England) currently has some Summer College Student Vacancies available. It is now required for all students submit their resumes via USAJOBS.GOV to apply for posted vacancies. Students will need to check the US EPA student site: http://www.epa.gov/ohr/student to get information on all student employment. Please keep in mind that these are positions for College Freshman Level and above.
TO APPLY, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
1. You must be an enrolled student, a U.S. Citizen and have yet to finish your program of study to qualify for one of the posted positions.
2. We highly recommend that all students go to USAJOBS.gov and complete a profile to apply for government jobs at the grade level and geographic location they are interested in. There is a very helpful link in USAJOBS called “Resource Center” that directs you to student job information and how to complete a profile. Click here for a Summer Job Fact Sheet from USAJOBS.
3. Make sure you complete the part of the profile where you check off that you wish to be notified when a position you have indicated interest in is posted. Check off “daily” for frequency of notification. You must be vigilant! When the jobs are posted, they open and close very quickly. This year, expect an announcement for jobs within the next week or so. Jobs are expected to close within 1 day, you must act quickly after it is posted.
4. It is to your advantage to be prepared with the following so that you only have to add the electronic information requested when the jobs are posted and check USAJOBS EVERY DAY:
Have an ELECTRONIC COPY READY of the following:
- Your Most Current Transcripts (unofficial is acceptable; Official Transcript is requested if hired)
- Proof of Enrollment from the school you are currently attending
- Your Current Resume
When you see that the job you’re interested in has been posted, immediately follow the instructions for applying and attach all the necessary documents.