We are seeking interns to work with our team to develop and execute Purpose movements, from strategy and ideation through testing and implementation. Fellows will work with our team of strategists, technologists and interaction designers through the summer on a full-time or near full-time basis.
Here are some examples of the type of work you may help undertake as an intern:
- Helping to develop our incubator movements, e.g., a movement against global poverty
- Working with teams to develop business plans for entrepreneurial ventures in the new social and green economy, e.g., sustainable food, electric vehicles, etc.
- Serving as a supporting member of client engagement teams as a strategist, interaction designer, technologist, etc.
- Developing cutting-edge thinking on behavioral change, community-building and social action – and how engaging people online can help facilitate change.
Prospective interns are:
- Deeply committed to our mission of building movements to address the world’s biggest challenges
- Flexible and entrepreneurial in the approach to working with our interdisciplinary team to build creative solutions to complex problems
How to Apply
The internship will begin on June 1 through August 15, though end dates are flexible with regard to academic schedules. Interns will receive a stipend. Purpose is located in Manhattan and the role is based here.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following items and “Intern” in the subject line.
- Cover letter: Overview of your professional self and why you want to work at Purpose
- Resume: Education, experience, skills
- Storytelling Exercise: We want to know more about YOU, your personality, the human side of things. In two pages or less, or in two minutes or less of video/interactive content, answer these three prompts: What is your purpose? Discuss one social issue/problem that most concerns you. What is your superpower?
For more information on Purpose and a full internship position, click here.