Teens Turning Green is looking for interns to work in our Sausalito office over the spring and summer months. Interns will work on various projects being developed by this exciting, student driven non-profit. This will be a hands-on internship where your voice and participation will be essential to the direction and success of our projects!
Sample of intern responsibilities:
• The focus of this internship will be on developing the topics, resources, and structure for Project Green Challenge 2012 launching in October. Please reference projectgreenchallenge.com to check out PGC 2011.
• Student engagement: Opportunity to take a leadership role in building capacity and participation for Project Green Challenge with students across the country.
• Social Media outreach: Use of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube to disseminate information, build energy and participation in PGC and ultimately drive traffic to the TTG website so students can sign up.
• Event Coordination and Staffing: Assist with planning and staffing of promotional, fundraising and outreach events.
This internship requires a minimum commitment of 25 hours per week. Though unpaid, we will support you in receiving university or high school credit.
To apply, please attach your resume and a document (.doc or .docx) answering the following questions and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Year in school:
Do you own or have access to a car (or are you local to the Sausalito area)?
Please answer the following questions in approximately one page:
1. Statement of Purpose – Please explain why you are applying for an internship with Teens Turning Green and what you would hope to gain from this internship.
2. Experience and Skills – Please describe any past relevant experience or skills that you will bring to our projects (specifically PGC 2012).
3. Why are you a good fit for the internship?
4. Green background and goals – What issues/themes are important to you? In which specific areas of the sustainability movement are you or do you want to get more involved?
5. Who you are! – Tell us about yourself. Feel free to be creative!