The 2012 Greenbuild scholarships will bring together a diverse group of people from around the world who have important roles to play in the green schools movement, and give them the opportunity to participate in and learn from the largest green building conference and expo in the world!
All-expense paid trips to the 2012 Greenbuild Conference and Expo will be awarded to students, faculty, staff and other stakeholders within the higher education sector. The Center for Green Schools and USGBC distribute scholarships to promote diversity and social equity within the green building industry and the green schools movement.
Benefits for 2012 scholarship awardees include:
- All-expense paid trip to Greenbuild 2012 in San Francisco from Nov. 13-16
- Meet and connect with high-level professionals in the green building industry
- Network with other college and university representatives
- Participate in special on-site programming at Greenbuild that will include complimentary breakfasts, speaker presentations and an honorary dinner
- Receive training and support from USGBC staff and other green building professionals
- Free access to LEED 101 and LEED 201 online courses
- Earn continuing education hours to satisfy GBCI’s LEED professional credential maintenance requirements
- Play an integral role in advancing social equity within the green schools movement
Students interested in Greenbuild scholarships should also consider applying for mentorship opportunities with USGBC Board members. Board members support students in pursuing studies and careers in fields related to sustainability by offering professional advice, networking opportunities and career building experiences.
Apply on the USGBC website today!
The 4th annual Massachusetts Green Career Conference connects experts and peers from government, business, education, non-profits, and individuals. With exhibitors, speakers, coaches, and networking, it’s a unique opportunity to reach important constituents all in one place. Everyone wanting to learn more about green careers will find this conference timely, practical, and valuable.
- Learn about research, case studies, best practices, programs, products, and services.
- Engage in cross-sector dialogues with experts and peers.
- Go home with knowledge and resources about green careers, research, and current trends in Massachusetts.
- Education and Training (higher education & K-12) staff, administrators, faculty, workforce developers, career service professionals, graduates, students
- Business professionals
- Government staff and environmental policy makers
- Non-profit and community members
- Green career candidates, college graduates, students
- Everyone interested in green careers
- Businesses with sustainable products, services, jobs and internships that are accepting resumes
- Universities, colleges, and institutes with certificate and degree programs
- Government agencies
- Green career recruiters and resources
- Leading experts from government, education, business, and non-profits
- Introductory Sessions about Green Careers: Career opportunities & career paths
- Government & Green Careers: Environmental policies and career development
- Education: The practical side of educating for the future
- Business: Building businesses with greener talent and the necessary skills
- Meet diverse leaders and peers interested in best practices and implementation strategies.
- Attend an affordable, accessible, professional event dedicated to green careers.
- Enjoy a unique opportunity to share research, work, services, products, programs, and ideas from many sectors
- Participate in a conference that attracts hundreds of people from across the Commonwealth.
The Massachusetts Green Career Conference is hosted by Green Workforce Training with the support of an advisory and on-site team of professionals from government, business, education, and non-profits.
See previous conference info at www.MassGreenCareers.com and www.MaSustainableCommunities.com.
The registration fee of $45-$75 covers exhibitors, speakers, introductory sessions, coaching, breakfast, lunch, and raffle. FREE wifi and parking. Registration will be at http://greencareer.eventbrite.com.
*CALL TO PARTICIPATE
Exhibitors and Sponsors may request a registration form by phone or email.
Speakers may email a title, 40-word summary and a 250-word description by July 16.
Conference advisory, coaching, and on-site team member inquiries are welcome.
Jen Boudrie, Conference Director, JenBoudrie@gmail.com 508-481-0569
If you’re between the ages of 16 and 28 and want to change the world so that everyone has the chance to go outside, then we have the experience for you! If you are new to Outdoor Nation and want to learn more about us, then you should register for one of the Outdoor Nation Signature Summits. If you are an Outdoor Nation alum or ready to take your leadership skills to the next level, then you should register for one of the ON-IT Summits.
Economy got you down? Bank account feeling light? No worries, we got it covered! Summits are free thanks to our sponsors. Food and lodging are totally paid for. All you have to do is register and get there!
Still not sure? Want more general information about the Summits? Check out Summit FAQs or scope out the 2011 Summits and 2010 Summit pages to get a feel for what the Summits are all about. Still have questions? Email us.