The 2012 Greenbuild scholarships will bring together a diverse group of people from around the world who have important roles to play in the green schools movement, and give them the opportunity to participate in and learn from the largest green building conference and expo in the world!
All-expense paid trips to the 2012 Greenbuild Conference and Expo will be awarded to students, faculty, staff and other stakeholders within the higher education sector. The Center for Green Schools and USGBC distribute scholarships to promote diversity and social equity within the green building industry and the green schools movement.
Benefits for 2012 scholarship awardees include:
- All-expense paid trip to Greenbuild 2012 in San Francisco from Nov. 13-16
- Meet and connect with high-level professionals in the green building industry
- Network with other college and university representatives
- Participate in special on-site programming at Greenbuild that will include complimentary breakfasts, speaker presentations and an honorary dinner
- Receive training and support from USGBC staff and other green building professionals
- Free access to LEED 101 and LEED 201 online courses
- Earn continuing education hours to satisfy GBCI’s LEED professional credential maintenance requirements
- Play an integral role in advancing social equity within the green schools movement
Students interested in Greenbuild scholarships should also consider applying for mentorship opportunities with USGBC Board members. Board members support students in pursuing studies and careers in fields related to sustainability by offering professional advice, networking opportunities and career building experiences.
Apply on the USGBC website today!