The State University of New York (SUNY) System Administration is seeking a half-time Project Assistant to the SUNY Director of Sustainability. The SUNY Office of Sustainability is responsible for working to reduce the carbon footprint of SUNY through its operations and finding ways to integrate and discover synergies between sustainability research projects across the SUNY campuses. The Office is acting strategically to implement innovative programs that will reduce energy usage, encourage renewable energy projects, and improve the food infrastructure as it relates to the food consumed on our campuses as well as agriculture in the State of New York.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate campus initiatives in an effort to meet SUNY’s energy goals.
- Coordinate meetings, speakers and conferences for the SUNY Office of Sustainability.
- Prepare presentations and reports for the SUNY Office of Sustainability.
- Maintain communication between 29 SUNY state-operated campuses on current and planned sustainability practices and initiatives.
- Coordinate and promote collaboration between SUNY student environmental groups.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in environmental studies, engineering, biology, chemistry or physics. Advanced degree or experience is preferable.
For more information and to apply, click here.