The Tufts Institute of the Environment (TIE) is the focal cross-school environmental program of Tufts University. TIE initiates, facilitates, and promotes academic environmental education, research, and outreach towards a sustainable future. We are supporting and enhancing existing environmental educational programs such as the Environmental Studies undergraduate concentration, the Water: Systems, Science, and Society graduate certificate program, and the Tufts Environmental Literacy Institute for faculty development and help create new programs when needed.
The Office Assistant position will be expected to work with team members to provide general administrative support to TIE and limited support to TIE’s resident partners. The position will provide assistance to the Administrative Director and provide office support to staff who are developing programs and managing fundraising efforts. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Acting as the first point or initial contact person for customers by greeting visitors and answering questions and providing information
• Keeping the office environment organized
• Responding to routine correspondence or draft responses for program staff to review
• Scheduling meetings and appointments and maintaining calendar for the Administrative Director
• As needed, taking and preparing meeting minutes, preparing documents and reports, and helping in the assembly of funding proposals and syllabi
• Supporting TIE programs by preparing business reimbursements, making travel arrangements, managing calendar and office hours, organizing files, ordering office supplies, assisting with and arranging catering and event management
• Helping prepare brochures or other materials for TIE programs, using word processing software
• Updating TIE website using content management software; updating and managing TIE’s online networks
• Organizing and assisting with special programs, grants, conferences, lectures and/or events; and interfacing with guests, students and outside organizations as required
• Maintaining and balancing accounts, monitoring expenses, and may make budget projections using Excel; may produce expense reports
Three (3) years of previous work experience is preferred. Knowledge of HTML, Adobe Dreamweaver and Photoshop is a plus. Knowledge of or experience in environment and environmental studies is valued. Basic Mac OS experience is beneficial.
For more information and to apply, please click here.