Are you a creative, energetic, responsible individual who is interested in making a difference in the field of sustainability? Then you are in luck – we are looking for a communications intern!
The role of the Communications Intern is to assist the Office of Sustainability in implementing its marketing and outreach initiatives. Among the responsibilities of the intern are:
- Produce content for the various communications channels (online and traditional)
- Update the website, blog, Facebook page, newsletter and Twitter feed -
- Assist in organizing events
- Take photographs as needed
- Create miscellaneous materials such as brochures, posters, flyers, signs, etc.
This is only open to students with Work Study. The rate is $10/hr and the intern is expected to work 8-10 hours/week.
The Communications Intern should ideally possess the following characteristics:
- Good writing, editing and interviewing skills
- Excellent organization skills with ability to work independently
- Familiarity with online tools such as WordPress, Facebook, Twitter and Hootsuite
- Graphic design skills and/or proficiency in Adobe Design Creative Suite preferred but not required
- Basic HTML & CSS skills proficiency preferred but not required
To apply, visit the JobX student employment website, job ID 4825. Good luck!