Green City Growers, Massachusetts’ premiere vegetable gardening business, is seeking an intern for spring 2013. GCG specializes in raised-bed garden installations, maintenance, and education for residential, business, restaurant and community locations. We are a small business (6 full time staff), and operate out of Union Square in Somerville.
GCG is seeking a positive, driven individual interested in immersing themselves in a growing business. Your time at GCG will be focused on sales, marketing, and business development. You will learn many aspects of running a small business. If you are looking to gain a wide variety of professional experience, this internship is for you. Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Creating and executing newsletters
- Blogging and utilizing social networks
- Emailing and following up on sales leads
- Assistance in scheduling and coordinating workshops out of the GCG Office space
- Attending and finding events
- Track and analyze marketing data
- Aid in the development of new sales techniques
The position will last until the end of May. The internship is part time (2-3 days a week). Candidates will only be considered if they can commit to the position until the end of May.
Please send a resume and a cover letter stating why you are interested in obtaining this internship, when you can start and your availability. More information can be found by clicking here.