Are you a creative, energetic, responsible individual who is interested in making a difference in the field of sustainability? Then you are in luck – we are looking for a Graphic Design intern!
The role of the Graphic Design Intern is primarily to assist the Office of Sustainability Marketing team in the design and layout of its communications materials.
Among the responsibilities of the intern are:
- Create and update materials such as brochures, newsletters, posters, flyers, signs, etc.
- Design layouts for both print and online communications
- Take and edit photographs as needed
- Assist in the production of content for the various communications channels (online and traditional)
Work Study students preferred but not required. The rate is $10/hr and the intern is expected to work 8-10 hours/week.
The Graphic Design Intern should ideally possess the following characteristics:
- Graphic design proficiency in Adobe Design Creative Suite, especially Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
- Excellent organization skills with ability to work independently
- Familiarity with online tools such as Mailchimp, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter and Hootsuite
- Basic HTML & CSS skills proficiency preferred but not required
Candidates who provide a portfolio of work/design samples will be given priority.
To apply, visit the JobX student employment website, job ID 4918. Good luck! Application closes Feb 12, 2013.