As a member of the university’s core sustainability team, the primary role of the Campus Sustainability Planner is to work collaboratively with the campus community to conceive, develop, implement, and measure new sustainability initiatives in support of the Virginia Tech Climate Action Commitment and Sustainability Plan. There are five main responsibilities in this position: (1) Coordinate the implementation of the undergraduate student internship program, (2), Identify opportunities to expand and strengthen the campus sustainability program, (3) Develop campus community outreach and engagement programs, (4) Coordinate strategic planning efforts for the sustainability office, and (5) Document, measure, and report on campus sustainability initiatives.Successful candidates will be able to strike a balance between providing a vision for the office on how to further create a campus sustainability culture, designing new programs with a strategic intent, and maintaining a public presence to nurture and expand the network of sustainability champions on campus.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban or environmental planning, environmental science, environmental engineering, or a related field or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Considerable experience in the development and implementation of sustainability initiatives in an institutional environment.
- Experience working with interns and/or leaders, and building collaborative partnerships within an organization.
- Must be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the principles of sustainability and how they relate to organizations and university campuses.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and a Windows operating system environment.
For more information and to apply, click here.