The Web and Communications Outreach Coordinator is an online organizer for EGA; streamlining communications across organization, using technology to implement new strategic approaches to engaging EGA membership with the organization’s new website, programs and communications. This Coordinator also provides ample administrative support while organizing the membership virtually and at events.
Communications (40 percent)
- Assist with communications plan creation and implementation
- Manage EGA website (consistently updating all content, blogging and recruiting guest bloggers, maintaining member database, keeping information fresh and relevant, like member highlights, photos, videos, tweets), working with Knowledge and Program Manager and web designer as needed
- Keep website up-to-date with event information and resources (planning workbooks, speaker information, agendas, event blogging, recordings)
- Manage EGA listserve
Member Services: Events and Webinars (30 percent)
- Assist Member Services Manager with all concurrent session and keynote speaker logistics for events
- Assist with prospective member outreach and other projects as needed
- Provide logistical support for all EGA webinars
- Lead 3 – 4 relevant webinars per year
General and Administrative (30 percent)
- Provide basic office administrative support (filtering mail, phone calls, responding to member queries, maintaining orderly office space, shipping and mailings as needed, ordering supplies, etc.)
- Assist bookkeeper and Executive Director with managing organizational expenses
- Lead on paperless office and implementing Liquid Planner for staff and project management
- Assist Executive Director with building and uploading board books, record and distribute meeting minutes, and with general scheduling, expense reports, and other administrative tasks
- Travel and attend networking events as needed
Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in the following areas:
- grassroots organizing, philanthropy, or program outreach/support;
- producing high quality and engaging content for online and print materials;
- environmental communications; experience with managing online advocacy or engagement tools, and data systems;
- experience and enthusiasm for working with people and committee processes related to event planning and logistics coordination;
- enjoy engaging with a wide range of people in person at events, as well as focusing on small group work and individual areas of responsibility;
- creative, self-starting, super organized, highly detail-orientated individual with the ability to find innovative uses of tools and technology to implement effective and efficient engagement strategies;
- excellent oral and written communication skills;
- basic design and image formatting skills, knowledge of HTML, and best practices for publishing engaging web content.
Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, work well independently and as a team are essential.
For more information and to apply, click here.