Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we’re driven by a set of values and a common purpose — to create, enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We’ll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.
Our team of environment specialists offers clients expertise in air quality, impact analysis and permitting, environmental health and safety management consulting/due diligence, remediation consulting/engineering and construction/site restoration, specialty and emerging technologies, waste services and water and natural resources.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a BS degree in environmental science, geology or hydrogeology.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Field work consisting of soil, groundwater, and air sampling
- Geoprobe sampling
- Monitoring well installation and remediation system operations and maintenance
- General operations and maintenence duties
- Duties also include task management, data analysis, subcontractor coordination, and report writing.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with project managers from the field and accurately and thoroughly document field tasks
- Work independently on selected projects, as well as part of a collaborative team on various larger projects
- BS in Environmental Science, Geology, or Hydrogeology required
- 0 to 2 years experience preferred, internship experience a plus
- GPA of 3.5 or higher preferred
- Experience performing fieldwork or working with contractors a plus
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Excellent technical writing skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office are preferred
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to apply.
We seek a per-project Project Manager to conducts on-site Phase I environmental assessments to identify recognized environmental conditions and other conditions of environmental concern for both the Project and off-site properties in accordance with ASTM standards and Client-specific scopes of work. Communicates all environmental issues to manager and prepares a written report accurately describing the findings.
- Completes Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) to identify Recognized Environmental Conditions and other conditions of environmental concerns as outlined in the scope of work.
- Reviews previous assessment reports, historical and regulatory records for the property and for the surrounding area and reports data in accordance with ASTM criteria and client’s scope of work.
- Conducts interviews with property owners, occupants, key site personnel and local government officials to obtain information concerning the environmental conditions related to the property and adjacent properties.
- Performs limited screenings for the presence of asbestos, lead-based paint and radon as out lined in the scope of work.
- Writes environmental assessment report and provide exhibits and photographs which illustrate or clarify information presented in the body of the report.
- Maintains daily communications with IVI to keep them informed of any actual or potential problems including continuous updates of when assigned tasks are to be completed.
- Delivers outstanding customer service through timely response and proactive solutions to clients needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, geology, engineering, or a related field
- 3 + years preparing Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Good computer skills and knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Access
- Knowledgeable of federal, state and local environmental requirements as they pertain to IVIs environmental services
- Excellent writing, organization, and communication skills are a must
For more information and to apply, click here.
Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt Associates was ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms in 2012 and also named one of the top 40 international development innovators. The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in nearly 40 countries.
The Environment and Resources Division helps federal and state environmental and resource management agencies address complex policy, management, and regulatory challenges. Our services include economic analysis, cost-benefit analysis, risk assessments, environmental modeling, regulatory and voluntary program support, and IT solutions. Our clients include the Environmental Protection Agency, Army Corps of Engineers, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and the Department of Energy.
BA/BS with 0-1 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team working for U.S. EPA clients. Duties may include assisting in the design and programming of web sites offering browser-based access to data drawn from a variety of data sources and file formats. The candidate will generate webpages, tables, maps, and charts to convey results, and may assist in writing reports explaining methods and results.Duties may also include: accessing EPA regulatory databases and non-EPA databases; working with GIS data; using statistical software, database and visualization software to analyze the data and profile specific industries, facilities, and geographic regions; analyzing trends; and documenting methodology.