Vital Communities in White River Junction, Vermont is looking to hire a recent (or soon-to-be) college grad for a paid one-year internship with Vital Communities’ transportation program. It could turn into a more long-term position.
Contact: Aaron Brown, Transportation Program Manager Vital Communities
Address: 195 North Main Street
White River Junction, Vermont 05001
Vital Communities Mission:
To engage Upper Valley citizens, organizations, and communities in creating solutions to our region’s challenges
Transportation Program Mission:
To reduce on driving alone
Report to: Transportation Program Manager
Effective Date: July 1st, 2013
Status: 32-40 hrs/wk, non-exempt. Temporary (one year) with possibility for longer-term employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position will assist the Transportation Program Manager in planning and implementing Vital Communities’ work within the topics of transportation and energy. This includes supporting the day-to-day operations of our commuting outreach program (“Smart Commute Upper Valley”), general promotional and outreach activities, and assisting with the Vermont Transportation Stakeholders Network.
• Consult major regional employers on programs to lower the impacts of commuting and mid-day transportation needs
• Work with manager to expand program to 50 Upper Valley workplaces
• Program and analyze transportation surveys
• Measure and promote progress toward reducing vehicle fuel use in the Upper Valley
• Play an active role within the Transportation Team in developing outreach and communications materials and plans
• Assist with event planning and execution
• Other administrative tasks as necessary Vermont Transportation Stakeholders Network:
• Assist with all aspects of the Vermont Transportation Stakeholders Network, a statewide association of transportation professionals. Duties include logistics for 3-4 major gatherings per year, program planning, and outreach to Network members
• Develop a website to share case studies, best practices, and commuter data from across Vermont
• Assist with creating, administering, and collating surveys and other evaluative materials
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in public policy, environmental studies, geography, communications, or another applicable field
• Passion for efficient transportation, energy, and land use
• A basic understanding of PC computing, a willingness to try simple troubleshooting
• Attention to detail; efficient and effective organization skills
• A self directed individual who is willing to ask questions and wants to be successful in even the smallest task.
• An optimistic, outgoing, and positive presence when interacting with the public on VC’s behalf www.vitalcommunities.org/uvtma
• Ability to take on a diverse set of tasks and complete them efficiently at one’s own direction
• Access to personal transportation
To apply, send your resume, three references, and a cover letter to email@example.com. Any questions about the position can be emailed to that address.
Additional information about Vital Communities, click here.