The Borneo Project brings international attention and support to community-led efforts to defend forests, sustainable livelihoods, and human rights. We believe that protecting human rights and environmental integrity in Borneo is a critical component of the global movement for a just and peaceful world. We have worked for over twenty years to help Borneo’s rainforest communities protect their lands, livelihoods, and cultures for generations to come.
The Borneo Project is looking for a motivated intern who is interested in exploring the world of international solidarity activism, environmental justice, and non-profit administration. We are currently looking for a self-motivated intern to join our 2-person U.S. team and assist our Communications and Development Coordinator with communications and social media work. As part of a small team, this intern will be involved in many aspects of project management and must be excited about taking on a range of tasks that can change frequently based on weekly priorities.
This is a 3-month internship (with the possibility of extension) that comes with a $300/month reimbursement stipend. This position requires 15 hours/week, with a minimum of 4 hours/week in the office. This position will report to the Communications and Development Coordinator. Interns must be based in the Bay Area.
Tasks will include (but are not limited to):
- Research and compose blog posts, linking to all social media platforms
- Regularly update our Facebook and Twitter feeds with current, breaking and/or relevant
- Borneo-related news
- Generate creative media for Facebook and Twitter, in accordance with Borneo Project protocols
- Generate Facebook “photo of the week”, in accordance with Borneo Project Protocols
- Lead social media research and outreach efforts to grow our base; link up with similar organizations
- Assist with graphic design as needed
- Update Borneo Project website as needed
- Assist with organizational events and outreach as needed
The ideal candidate:
- Will have solid experience with Salesforce and WordPress
- Will have solid social media experience, ideally building & growing a Facebook and Twitter audience for an organization
- Will have graphic design skills (InDesign, etc)
- Will have strong writing and communication skills
- Will be comfortable working independently and as part of a small team
- Will have a passion for human rights and the environment
To apply, please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter to Tara Holmes at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, ending June 6th. This position is expected to start mid June, 2013.