The Senior Sustainability Coordinator will provide project management expertise and coordination for a variety of university-wide sustainability programs. This position will work with a range of stakeholders across the university, especially including facilities leaders, senior administrators, faculty, and students.
Reporting to the Director, this position’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate working groups and advisory groups relating to Harvard’s Greenhouse Gas Reduction Goal and other programs
- Coordinate senior level oversight committees, including the GHG Executive Committee and the Sustainability and Energy Management Council (SEMC).
- Manage event planning and logistics for major meetings, large university-wide events
- Serve as the OFS Office Manager including working with Director and Assistant Directions on:
- Onboarding new employees and human resources needs, and office set-up,
- Serving as the building liaison for administrative related activities,
- Managing scheduling for Director
- Answering administrative related questions for the staff and community, and other general office needs,
- Responding to the OFS general email and phone inquiries
- Partner with members of the core team to provide project management or support for a variety of university-wide programs including GHG Reduction Implementation, Sustainability Report, community partnerships, event planning and any other projects as needed.
- Support the Director on other university-wide sustainability projects as needed.
- BA/BS required and 3-5 years of experience of MA/MS and 2-3 years of experience.
- Proven project management and organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of environmental sustainability issues, green building, energy conservation, recycling, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and outreach skills
- Ability to work with Senior Executives and a wide array of other stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to take projects from concept through implementation
- Ability to research new areas and learn quickly
- Demonstrated good judgment and ability to make informed decisions
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- High degree of flexibility, adaptability and general ability to respond to emerging opportunities and barriers in a constantly changing environment
- Must be positive, creative, enthusiastic, collaborative and entrepreneurial with a high level of energy and initiative
Technology Skills Required:
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher is required
- An ability to learn Harvard systems and web software quickly is a requirement
- Preferred basic knowledge of energy, carbon accounting and alternative mechanisms, GHG emissions programs, Scope 3, etc.
- Experience in campus (or other institution) sustainability or institutional change preferred
Fuller descriptions and directions on how to apply can be found at http://green.harvard.edu/ofs/jobs.