Auto req ID: 29608BR
Temporary position (~4 months) to cover the Law School Sustainability Program Manager position while on short term leave, starting on July 29th
The Law School Interim Sustainability Manager will work closely with OFS and the HLS administrative departments & especially with Facilities Management, this includes:
- Maintain the student Green Living Program and & staff Green Team.
- Maintain HLS Facilities Sustainability Outreach and provide general support to the Facilities Team
- Maintain other key programs and sustainability priorities
- Identify, initiate, support & institutionalize resource conservation policies & operations by working with a wide variety of stakeholders at HLS including: Facilities management, IT groups, food dining services, events, custodial services, student & faculty affairs, students groups, department admins, etc.
Maintain HLS sustainability reporting and communications
- BA/BS required and 2-3 years of experience in environmental management or environmental education with strong communications experience preferred
- Experience in campus (0r other institution) sustainability or institutional change desired;
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of environmental sustainability issues, green building, energy conservation, recycling, etc.
- Excellent communication and outreach skills;
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail needed;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, and ability to manage multiple projects;
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and responsiveness to client and community needs;
- Ability to build relationships among diverse groups of stakeholders including graduate students, administrative staff, faculty and school leadership and custodial/operations staff;
- High degree of flexibility, adaptability and general ability to respond to emerging opportunities and barriers in a constantly changing environment;
- Must be positive, creative, and enthusiastic;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- An ability to learn Harvard systems and web software quickly is a requirement
- Basic web and/or graphic design abilities a plus.
Fuller descriptions and directions on how to apply can be found at http://green.harvard.edu/ofs/jobs.