The Administrative Intern will serve as a core member of MAPC’s four member Administrative team, which supports the 70 members of the MAPC staff. MAPC is located in the downtown crossing section of Boston. This is a paid part-time position with some flexibility as to working hours; pay pro-rated accordingly. Base week is 20- 25 hours.
Examples of Duties:
Duties include a wide variety of office support tasks, including:
- ordering supplies and general office administrative tasks including assisting in processing of invoices
- assisting with mailing projects
- assisting all staff members with research and database tasks using various software tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook calendars
- assisting with event planning and providing staffing support for events, as needed
- conducting basic web research
Candidate must currently be in school to be eligible for the position working toward either an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s or higher degree. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required – ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively with professionals of both the public and private sectors, such as municipal officials and advocacy leaders. Must be detail oriented. Candidate must also be able to lift objects including boxes with a weight not to exceed 50 pounds. Candidates familiar with greater Boston communities and an interest in public policy and/ or planning highly preferred.
Position open until filled. Review of applications begins immediately. Candidates must have legal authorization to work in the USA and a valid driver’s license and/or the ability to arrange transportation to meetings in different parts of the region. MAPC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.