The Certification Program Intern assists and supports the Enterprise Green Communities technical team with EGC certification reviews and related communication and coordination with project teams. This internship will focus on processing incoming applicants, coordinating submittal documents, answering technical questions in a timely fashion, stewarding project teams through the full process of Enterprise Green Communities Certification, and completing full technical reviews of certification submittals as needed. Manage, update, and track the archive of technical questions and waiver requests. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, enthusiastic, effective team player eager to support both the Enterprise team and external partners. The position requires project management and communication skills and the ability to perform a wide array of detail-oriented tasks in a fast paced environment with light supervision. The position represents an opportunity to more fully integrate green within affordable housing development nationwide and gain technical and programmatic knowledge/skills related to operating a national green building program.
This is a paid hourly position and will be based in Washington, D.C., and extend through December 2013.
• Efficiently shepherd projects through Enterprise Green Communities Certification process, demonstrating exemplary customer service as well as allegiance to the intent of the Enterprise Green Communities Criteria
• Maintain / manage Certification mailbox; Evaluate technical & process questions in coordination with EGC technical team; Complete full technical reviews of certification documents
• Track and report on key Certification performance indicators
• Demonstrate strong ethics in interpersonal relations; work as an effective and collaborative team member; continually improve systems and procedures within own job, office, and organization; treat internal and external customers with respect, honesty, and professionalism.
• Undergraduate degree and experience in green building or planning field.
• Thorough knowledge and proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, and Outlook. Thorough knowledge and proficiency with SalesForce strongly preferred.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate complex activities, prioritize conflicting demands and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated professionalism, diplomacy, composure, flexibility, and ability to adapt to a variety of situations.
• Exemplary communication skills, with ability to clearly express ideas, thoughts, and concepts verbally and in writing.
• Excellent grammar, editing, and proofreading skills to produce complete, correct correspondence, proposals and reports.
• Ability to work independently, solve problems, and take responsibility for moving tasks forward with minimal supervision.
• Strong initiative with ability to seek out relevant information prior to making timely decisions.
• Working knowledge of residential construction, affordable housing, and sustainability/green building.
• Ability to work as an effective, collaborative team member across Enterprise.
Click here to apply.