This position will be responsible for supporting the Senior Manager for Green Strategies in the implementation of all aspects of the NeighborWorks Green Organization program. NeighborWorks America established this program to encourage the members of the NeighborWorks network to adopt a comprehensive commitment to sustainable operations. This initiative is a high priority for the organization and is included in NeighborWorks America’s new five-year Strategic Plan. For more information on the program see www.nw.org/green. This is a term-limited (13 month) position.
Working closely with the Senior Manager for Green Strategies, the Fellow will:
• Coordinate knowledge sharing events such as monthly webinars, quarterly in-person workshops, and other peer learning events that allow network organizations interested in green topics to learn from outside experts and each other and to share best practices.
• Maintain and update resource guides on all of the substantive areas covered by the NeighborWorks Green Organization program. This includes internal business operations and all of NeighborWorks service areas, including homeownership education and counseling, lending, affordable housing development and rehabilitation, asset and property management, and community building and organizing.
• Help coordinate and contribute to the review process for the NeighborWorks Green Organization program and grant applications received from network organizations.
• Document green best practices used by network organizations, develop case studies, and collect materials for sharing with other network organizations.
• Organize and analyze data on a variety of aspects of the NeighborWorks network’s green activities, including homebuyer education and counseling and green building, rehabilitation, and management.
• Develop material for periodic newsletters and assist with updating the unit’s internal and external web sites and other social media.
• Bachelors or masters degree in city planning, real estate, community development, public policy, urban affairs, or other development or sustainability-related field.
• A background in or knowledge of sustainability and green issues and the community development field is preferred.
• Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel is required. Strong data analysis skills using Microsoft Excel, Access or other programs is preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to adjust to changing work priorities.
• Strong interpersonal skills for communication and collaboration with peers and internal staff.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and successfully interact with people at all levels within and outside the organization.
Learn more and apply here.