Responsible for providing general research and program support for the Center’s work in areas related to sustainability, including climate adaptation and resiliency, green infrastructure, sustainable transportation, and food systems. Reports to Director, Center for Research and Innovation and Associate, Sustainability Program.
Examples of Work:
- Conduct research and field scans to understand local trends and best practice to inform recommendations for local governments and to inform NLC staff about city initiatives.
- Contribute content to reports and toolkits, online newsletter, website, blog and other related information resources and social media.
- Help manage external partnerships and networks of local officials and city staff.
- Assist with surveys.
- Provide meeting planning support, including in-person seminars, webinars, workshops and meetings at NLC’s annual conferences and other events.
- Help maintain web content.
- Provide administrative support and other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Graduate level intern in degree in related field preferred; knowledge of local government and sustainability issues and strategies; excellent writing and communication skills; team player; acquaintance with applied research methodologies; ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with government officials and all levels of NLC staff.
Graduate level interns will be paid $12 per hour for approximately 30 hours a week.
Send a resume and cover letter to:
National League of Cities
1301 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20004