Strategic Initiative Implementation. Leads implementation of the Foundation’s Safe Water strategic initiative focused on sustainable access to safe water among therural poor in Africa, India, and Mexico (http://hiltonfoundation.org/initiativesa programs/water). Presents grant proposals and strategy updates to the Board of Directors. Works with evaluator to track progress toward initiative goals.
Grantmaking and Grantee Relations. Identifies potential grantees and projects, investigates and evaluates grant proposals, and presents recommended proposals for funding at Board meetings. Monitors and evaluates strategic initiatives and grantee performance. Conducts site visits as needed. Provides technical assistance to, and maintains an open, ongoing relationship, with grantees.
Issues/Trend Analysis. Remains informed of current research, policy, activities, and trends in the issues related to water, sanitation, and hygiene as well as the other international program priority areas of the Foundation.
External Relations. Convenes meetings of key government, philanthropic, and nonprofit leaders to mobilize coordinated efforts and funding in strategic initiatives. Represents the Foundation to various constituencies through verbal and written communications (e.g., annual reports, brochures, correspondence) and by participating in outside conferences and meetings.
- Management and Program Team Relations. Builds collaborative and positive working relationships and effective communication channels with team members and staff. Participates in team meetings to review grant recommendations, provide updates on grantee progress, determine technical assistance needs of grantees, plan convening, evaluation, and communications activities, and share and reflect on experiences in the field and related program activity. Identifies the need and scope of work for consultants within the international program area and monitors work as required.
- Special Projects. Designs and carries out special projects and other duties, as required.
- Graduate degree in public health, public policy, social welfare, or a related field
- Demonstrated expertise and work experience in international water-related issues at program, research, and public policy levels
- Familiarity with water, sanitation, and hygiene policy at global, federal, state, and local levels
- Experience in strategies planning and implementation, and in coordinating public/private efforts for long-term, systemic social impact
To learn more about the qualifications for the job, visit here.