The Staff Organizer for US Campaigns will work primarily with the US Tar Sands and Stop SFI Greenwash Campaigns to build field capacity and implement field tactics such as protests, petitions, rallies, and educational events. The Staff Organizer will recruit, train and develop teams of activists in strategic regions to carry out this work. In addition, the Staff Organizer will provide support as needed to other campaigns, and grow the overall field presence of the organization. The Staff Organizer is responsible for promoting and protecting ForestEthics’ brand in field events the organization endorses. Reporting to the Director of US Campaigns, this is a full-time, exempt position. Compensation includes a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent package of employee and health benefits. This position provides an exciting opportunity to join a world-class team of environmental leaders.
- Design powerful, innovative and effective field tactics for the US Tar Sands and Stop SFI Greenwash campaigns in consultation with US campaigners and the outreach team.
- Recruit, train and develop teams of activists in strategically selected US cities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with coalition partners who can provide field support to US campaigns.
- Represent the campaigns and act as on-the-ground spokesperson at conferences, events, trainings etc. as needed.
- Assist in the creation of campaign materials such as factsheets, postcards and activist toolkits.
- Work with outreach and development departments to effectively recruit online support (including monetary donations) for US campaigns and to develop effective campaign messaging in ForestEthics social media.
- Recruit, train and develop grassroots leadership for US campaigns.
- Identify and work with existing networks to support turnout at US campaign events.
- Create compelling report backs of field activities including: high-quality photos, high-quality video, direct stories from activists in the field, and assist in the creation of blogs.
- Grow and maintain a base of field activists for all ForestEthics campaigns.
- Maintain and manage relevant databases and ensure that activist information is kept updated, and campaigners have access to field networks as needed.
- Assist in the development of organizational policies such as campaign list-sharing and standard contact databasing.
- Support, as needed, the growth and development of a comprehensive program for organizing work that supports ForestEthics campaigns.
- 3-5 years organizing experience, with experience in markets campaigns strongly preferred;
- Independent, self-motivated with a desire to advance ForestEthics’ mission;
- Enthusiasm and passion for campaign organizing;
- Demonstrated success managing volunteers, identifying organizational needs, and problem solving with minimal supervision;
- Highly organized, flexible, creative, able to prioritize multiple tasks, and able to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment;
- Knowledge of SalesForce (or similar relationship management database) a plus;
- Excellent project management, follow-through, and time management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to travel regionally;
- Experience with media and fundraising a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Talk, hear
- Clear vision at 25 inches or less to view computer screen and read documents
- Must be able to sit at desk and work on a computer for long periods of time
- May have to climb stairs to reach office
- Working conditions typical of an office environment
- Exposure to moderate levels of noise such as computers, printers, light traffic
Please send cover letter with resume to email@example.com with your name in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank you for your application, but only applicants under consideration will be contacted.