Are you passionate about helping protect Utah from nuclear and toxic waste, and promoting a renewable energy future? Do you want to support this work by helping grow one of Utah’s premier grassroots advocacy organizations? Are you interested in getting hands-on experience in non-profit fundraising, marketing, policy, outreach and more?
HEAL Utah is seeking Fall 2013 interns to help with the following projects:
- Helping us reach new supporters around the state, via tabling and outreach events
- Research and writing to support our campaigns, such as: Urging Gov. Herbert to keep hotter nuclear waste out of Utah; Fighting the proposed Green River nuclear reactors; Working to transition as quickly as possible away from dirty coal power plants; Pushing renewable energy
- Ongoing organizational tasks, such as helping us engage dozens of HEAL Utah volunteers, manage our list of over 9,000 existing supporters and help cultivate hundreds of new supporters.
- Assist with HEAL Utah events, including press conferences, regulatory hearings and monthly HEAL Community educational nights.
We are looking for a highly-motivated self-starter. Successful applicants will be: passionate about Utah’s health and environment; outgoing; disciplined; and have an engaging personality. Preference will be given to those with a background in: environmental issues, public policy, research, public speaking, activism, nonprofits, fundraising and marketing.
• Passion for HEAL Utah’s work and dedication to helping us grow
• Ability to commit 10 hours per week from roughly late August through December.
• Available some weekends
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Compensation: Interns will be paid a stipend of $500.
Submit: (1) A detailed cover letter explaining your fit, (2) A resume describing prior relevant experience, and (3) one or two names whom we can call for references to email@example.com by August 23, 2013. Questions can be directed to: Matt Pacenza at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-355-5055