New Organizing Institute seeks a Climate Organizer to manage a new program to build capacity and depth in the climate movement.
The Climate Organizer will be responsible with assisting partner organizations in climate-related training work, and recruiting and supporting a team of fellows to work in climate organizations.
NOI is a progressive organization that builds capacity and sophistication in the progressive movement in the areas of technology and new media, especially as they relate to organizing. NOI offers numerous trainings for progressive practitioners, engages in data research, and coordinates with a wide range of progressive partners to leverage common interests in the improvement of technology options in the field.
This position is temporary through June 2014, with an option to extend through the 2014 elections and possibly beyond.
The Climate Organizer will play a crucial role on NOI’s Training and Campaign Support Team by:
- Developing and delivering training content to equip climate organizers to run sophisticated campaigns (as many as 13 trainings from Fall 2013 to Spring 2014)
- Manage Climate Leadership Corps to… — Identify and select fellows to participate in the program.
- Recruiting organizations to host fellows.
- Working with host organizations and fellows to identify placements that will have the biggest impact.
- Supporting cohorts of fellows with continued trainings and debriefs to build a community of practice.
- Lead a program-wide debrief at RootsCamp 2014.
- Identifying opportunities for NOI to support the climate movement through 2014 and beyond.