APA’s Environment, Natural Resources and Energy Division announces its Student Fellowship Program for second-year planning graduate students.
$2,500 for the 2013-14 School Calendar Year (two awards of $1,250 at the end of each semester)
- Second-year graduate student enrolled in a PAB-accredited graduate planning program focusing on issues related to the environment, natural resources or energy. Student may be full or part-time, but must be classified as a second year student.
- GPA: B or above (3.0 on a 4.0 scale)
- Studies focused on issues related to the environment, natural resources or energy, and pursuing a program or course of study consistent with the Division’s mission.
- Preference will be given to students with APA and Division memberships.
The Division’s Fellowship committee will select the Fellowship recipient by August 26, 2013.
The Division’s mission is to promote sound environmental, natural resources and energy planning and sound resource use policies among individual members of APA and the general public, and within the planning profession and communities of all scales.
Awards will be based on:
- Meeting the eligibility criteria
- Quality of the application materials
- Connection of the student’s course of study to Division’s mission
- Application form (doc)
- Recommendation letter from thesis/project faculty advisor
- Description of masters’ thesis or project, including how it relates to the Division’s mission (800-word maximum)
- Essay describing interest in environmental planning, experience (extra-curricular activities may be included), and future career goals (600-word maximum)
- CV or resume
Responsibility of the student Fellow:
- Maintain the course of study identified in the application and GPA of B or greater
Submit a paper by August 7, 2013 to Danielle Bower at email@example.com for consideration for publication in the division’s newsletter. Student is also encouraged to submit application to present a session at the annual APA National Conference.
For more info, click here.